R52.20 - Move from account list to register causes immediate windows reboot.

Options
John_L
John_L Member ✭✭

Ver R52.20

Build 27.1.52.20

Windows- Pro

I just applied MS software updates and now when I move from selected account. to the register, the screen goes dark and is in a reboot.

What do you need to know from me?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @John_L,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. When you say it's in a reboot, do you mean that your entire computer restarts, makes you log back into your profile again, etc? Is Windows the main operating system on your computer, or are you running it in a virtual machine? Do these reboots happen only when you are using Quicken, or are there other things that trigger these reboots? Are you getting any sort of error message, crash report, etc? Considering that this happened right after you applied MS software updates, have you reached out to Microsoft about this unexpected behavior?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When you state "account list" are you referring to the Account Bar on either side of the screen or the Account List which you get to via the Tools menu or a Ctrl+A?

Support is going to need to know EXACTLY which actions/keystrokes/mouse clicks you perform to get this to happen.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• John_L
    John_L Member ✭✭
    Options

To answer:

Windows 10 Pro not virtual

Account list is right Account bar

I select an account to view transactions

PC Screen goes black and goes to re-boot (splash screen, logon, etc.)

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

just to clarify - this is a Windows total computer REBOOT

PC Screen goes black and goes to re-boot (splash screen, logon, etc.)

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• John_L
    John_L Member ✭✭
    Options

Verified, if quicken open, at irregular times, the system re-boot, not a crash dump, just back to POST black screen.

Who do I talk to now?

Only other open window is outlook 2019. I have that open on other system W/O Quicked and no reboot.

This discussion has been closed.