Alternative to QuickBooks Self-Employed

Options
RBenson
RBenson Unconfirmed, Member
edited October 2023 in Before you Buy

Hello,

I am looking for a solution that will work for all of the following:

W2 Employee + Self-Employed + 2-3 Small Businesses + Rental Properties + Mileage Automation (i.e. tracking through phone) + Snap Photos of Receipts

I need a simple solution (i.e. "bookkeeping for dummies"). I am currently using QuickBooks Self-Employed. It is glitchy and does not appear to lend itself to all of our needs.

Any input regarding whether Quicken would be a good fit would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

The Home & Business edition of Quicken comes closest to what you are looking for.

It does not handle inventory or payroll. It includes a mileage tracker but you must enter the information manually in the desktop software.

You can try it for 30 days and get your money back if you are not satisfied.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It should also be noted that you will not be able to convert QB data to Quicken. So, if you do decide to use Quicken you will need to start from scratch.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Also to note: the Home & Business features (specifically for rental property management and invoicing) currently exist only in the Quicken Windows product; there are plans to add business features to Quicken Mac at some unknown point in the future, but for now, these features are only available on Windows.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.