Keep Having to Reset Accounts - Online Services for Citi, Discover, and Synchrony [Edited]

Options
sgj31
sgj31 Member ✭✭✭

My accounts don't give me any errors, but they stop downloading transactions. I then have to go in and Reset every account, not just one or two of them. This is happening on Citi, Discover, and Synchrony. This has been going on for about 3-4 months.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @sgj31,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about this issue.  I'm sorry to hear you're running into this problem. About how often does this issue occur? When you say you have to reset every account, do you mean every account associated with the financial institution that stopped updating? Is there anything that seems to trigger this behavior?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• flyboy03051
    flyboy03051 Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been experiencing something similar and posted about it a couple days ago, In my case my Schwab accounts and my wife's Schwab accounts don't download or update but no error messages are displayed. I also tried resetting all Schwab accounts, then resetting ALL on-line accounts, I also tried deactivating all on-line accounts and then reactivating the accounts but the Schwab accounts still do not download or get updated.

I'll be monitoring your discussion to see if a solution is found.

Bob

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It sounds like perhaps your runtime.dat file might be corrupted. The symptoms you describe are some of the symptoms that can be realized with this type of issue. The fix for this is not hard but depending on the number of accounts you have it can take a little while. If you wish to read more about this issue and to see the step-by-step process which might be able to fix the issue you are seeing, click on the following link: Re: Time date stamp [of last account update].

If you do try this fix, please let us know if it resolved the issue for you.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• askdak
    askdak Member
    Options

I am having the download issue with all the accounts. The bank has transactions, the update says it was complete and the transactions are not there. In addition, it appears not all of the accounts are being updated that are in the update list. What do I do?

• sgj31
    sgj31 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I followed the instructions to delete the runtime.dat files. When I check the Account List I now see a last file date, but I got the error that my Citi accounts may have been deleted or closed, "fix it" at the end of running One Step Update.

I Deactivated and set up again all of my Citi accounts and the transactions that I know are out there, are still not downloading.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

So, the other accounts are now downloading OK? Just the Citi accounts are not yet working correctly?

Regarding the Citi accounts: This might be due to an issue that is different from the runtime.dat file issue.

• Which Citi connection setup are you using or trying to set up with? Citibank or….?
    • What kind of accounts are they? Savings, checking, credit card or…..?
    • There are a couple of posted Alerts regarding Citi/Citibank: UPDATED 9/13/23 Citibank Citi Cards CC-502/FDP-102 and UPDATED 9/13/23 Citi Bank & Citi Cards CC-592 & FDP-192. Perhaps one or both of these are applicable to your sitution?
    • If one or more of your Citi accounts is a credit card, have you tried setting that up with the Citi Cards setup link? It only works with credit cards but it will set them up with Direct Connect and that link is a very reliable and fast connection. If you want to try setting up DC via Citi Cards, click on the following link for step-by-step instructions for how to do that because the setup up is not as intuitive as is the set up for most types of accounts and financial institutions: Re: Costco Citibank Visa. Note: This link says it's for Costo Visa card but the set up instructions are applicable to most Citi credit cards.

• sgj31
    sgj31 Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Direct connect worked for the credit cards. I have a savings at Citibank. That didn't have a direct connect option.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Glad to hear that DC worked for the CC. Now, hopefully the Citibank savings/checking connection issue will be resolved, soon.

This discussion has been closed.