Deleting Quicken Sync Data File

Options
cjim
cjim Member ✭✭✭

If I only have 1 data file for Mobile Sync will it be completely deleted from the Quicken Cloud if turn off Mobile and Web Sync in Windows Desktop Quicken?

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @cjim,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community with this question.

If you turn off Mobile and Web Sync, your information will not be deleted. Your information will not update to Mobile and Web any longer until Cloud Sync is turned back on.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• cjim
    cjim Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you Jasmine. What of I wanted to delete the 1 Mobile Sync data file in the Quicken Cloud. How would I do that?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @cjim,

You can delete your cloud account by creating a test file and deleting your cloud account from that test file. After that, you would attempt to resync your main data file which should then create a new cloud account (this does not affect your data saved within that data file).

First, please proceed to save a backup (just in case). From there, create a new data file (click here to view instructions, and review the section titled: "Creating a new file"). Once the new file opens, follow the steps below to remove your main data file's cloud account.

1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts
    4. Click Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID (#) (this is not a button, it is written in blue underneath the "Edit dataset name" button)
    5. Select the Cloud Account Name used for your main data file and click Delete
    6. Type Yes and click Delete

After that, switch back to your main data file (click here to view instructions, scroll down, and review the section titled: "How to alternate between multiple files"). 

Please remember that if you choose to re-enable Mobile & Web, then your cloud information will be recreated in order for you to access your data from different devices.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• cjim
    cjim Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you Jasmine. I will give this a try.

This discussion has been closed.