OL-294-A error - downloading Edward Jones (edit)

Options
mmsfct
mmsfct Member ✭✭

Repeatedly getting this while trying to do One-Step-Update to download from Edward Jones. I can can access that website fine - this is a Quicken issue. How do I fix it?

Comments

• William Heise
    William Heise Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am having the same problem with OL-294A error code with Edward Jones updates as of today

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @mmsfct,

Error OL-294 means that Quicken did not receive the expected response from the bank. It can be caused by a temporary server issue, online services are activated incorrectly, or incorrect/outdated login credentials. Typically this error will resolve on its own after 24-48 hours.

However, if it does not resolve, we recommend taking a moment to review this error-specific support article regarding error OL-294.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Edward Jones has been working flawlessly for months. They evidently are having a problem today, DON'T panic. Wait till tomorrow to see if it resolves itself before doing any account resets or de-activate/re-activate of OSU.

Have patience.

Yes, I am an EJ customer and I am getting the same OL-294-A error, but a single day outage is nothing to panic over.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• cwinkler
    cwinkler Member ✭✭
    Options

Same here, started yesterday and looks like it's still happening today. Can access their (EJ) website just fine. After double-checking the website, went back to Quicken to see if that helped my update complete but it did not. Still getting the error.

• Art Masson
    Art Masson Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Error Continues today 9/27/23, Please engage with EJ Tech Support to resolve the problem.

• cwinkler
    cwinkler Member ✭✭
    Options

Went through all the troubleshooting steps with my EJ contact and tech support this morning. They've checked everything at their end and are sending me back to Quicken support.

• cwinkler
    cwinkler Member ✭✭
    Options

Just got a follow-up call from EJ support, and they've heard from more customers now and tech support will be escalating the issue.

• Marilyn7632
    Options

Error OL-294A continues since 9/25/2023 with attempting to download investments from Edward Jones into Quicken.

• danimal442
    Options

Also seeing this issue - is resolution ownership with EJ or Quicken?

• jasonlute
    Options

I've been experiencing this same issue since Monday, September 25th.

Hopefully we can get enough posts for some traction on the issue. (Have also reported to Edward Jones)

• aaull
    aaull Member
    Options

I too have been getting this error Since Sept 22

• msehrt54
    Options

Been away a few days but got the same error this morning 9/27/2023.

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello All,

We appreciate you for reporting this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• cwinkler
    cwinkler Member ✭✭
    Options

Problem report and sanitized file sent. No screenshot because I don't know how to black out information I don't want to share (account balances, e.g.). Did get a Quicken update, but that didn't resolve the issue. Now on R52.28. Maybe this update will at least fix the "enter a valid date" error that started after the latest update.

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@cwinkler For future reference, Windows has the Snipping Tool which can capture just a portion of the screen and you can use Paint to block any info you want to hide.

If you want something fancier, there is Greenshot which has built-in tools to highlight and obfuscate plus many more abilities.

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• cwinkler
    cwinkler Member ✭✭
    Options

I use the snipping tool a lot, so know about it. The problem report window had already taken its own screenshot to include, and I didn't want to send it. Didn't see where I could attach a file.

Decided to give it one more try just a bit ago, and have now successfully updated my EJ accounts. Could be the Quicken updates and changeover to Quicken Classic and the new logo that were messing things up. Here's my latest version, which is working.

• William Heise
    William Heise Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

Downloading worked for me just now 9/27/23 7:10 PM EDT. I have not applied the recent logo update yet.

• mmsfct
    mmsfct Member ✭✭
    Options

Hey all, Thanks for escalating this. I just ran a Quicken update that came though some time today. Now I can do a successful EJ download again.

• PhilbertCC
    Options

Quicken Classic Premier Subscription

Schwab downloads are not working now. How about getting a patch out or some instructions to your customers?

R52.28

BUILD 27.1.52.28

• PhilbertCC
    Options

As an added benefit, Classic has crashed twice tonight. HELP!

This discussion has been closed.