Any way to de-activate the "Paid" Stamp on invoices?

Options
Daryl Hurst
Daryl Hurst Unconfirmed, Member ✭✭

Hello,

I am using Quicken version R52.20, Home, Business & Rental Property. I am on build 27.1.52.20.

I serve as the treasurer for a small non-profit and am using the Business functionality to receive donations and then create donation receipts. The customization functionality in the invoicing window allows me to set up a donation receipt right like I need it - with 1 exception and that is the "Paid" stamp that prints on the invoice. For the purpose of the donation receipt, I do not want the "Paid" stamp to print.

Is there anyway to turn this off? I did some research and could not find an option for that. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance!

Daryl

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

At what point in time in the process of receiving a donation do you print the invoice?
    Typically, one creates a New Customer Invoice, saves it and prints it.
    Creating a New Customer Payment comes later.
    If you print the invoice right after you create it, but before you receive payment, then the Paid stamp won't print.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @Daryl Hurst,

Once an invoice has been marked as paid, it will print with the Paid stamp applied. At this time, there is not a setting that offers to remove that Paid stamp from the printed invoice.

If you wish to request this feature be added in the future, what you can do is create an idea post. This way other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea.

Our Development and Product teams frequently use our idea posts in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers. 

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Daryl Hurst
    Options

@UKR I am still figuring out the system, just upgraded to the Business & Rental platform recently. If I print the invoice right after creating it, then it shows a balance due. For the purpose of a donation receipt, it is recognizing past donations and there is no "Balance Due".

If I receive the payment and then create the invoice it stamps it with the "Paid" stamp.

Do you have a suggestion on how to not show" Balance Due" while also not showing the "Paid" stamp?

@Quicken Anja Thank you for your comments and direction. I will likely submit that idea for future consideration.

Thank you both for your help!

Daryl

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Daryl Hurst, have you considered sending statements instead of invoices?

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Daryl Hurst
    edited September 2023
    Options

@Greg_the_Geek Hmmm… Good idea. Thank you! I did explore that and it also does not give quite the view I was looking for.

I did a little more testing…If I save the invoice to my PC as a PDF, then open it with my PDF editor I can remove the Paid stamp. That will have to suffice for now I guess.

Thank you all for your input!

Daryl

This discussion has been closed.