Elan Financial Services Credit Card Download BROKEN x

Options
KraRan
KraRan Member ✭✭

Fidelity credit card usesELan Financial to manage the CC. The website for the past several years is myaccountaccess.com for downloading transactions. Within the past week or two, suddenly I can no longer download transactions and get an FDP-102. The issue is Quicken changed the site to elanfinancialservices.com. This is the wrong site and returns "forbidden site". In fact if you try to access elanfinancialservices.com on a browser, it is not able to go to a credit card account… Quicken… PLEASE FIX this.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @KraRan,

This is a known issue that has been escalated internally, though we do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. While the investigation remains ongoing, please refer to this Community Alert for any and all available updates.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Craig in ER
    Craig in ER Member ✭✭✭
    Options

KraRan is correct the web site elanfinanuialservices.com is a dead end. It is not the correct log in site for accessing transaction data download. Quicken broke this. I have no problem logging into myaccountazccess.com to access credit card data.

• LF3550
    LF3550 Member
    Options

Elan is doing changes on their site, and it is now not allowing Quicken access for a number of CC accounts (Fidelity, Comerica, etc. ….). I spoke with Elan IT Support yesterday and they indicate that they do not support Quicken Access and never did, it just happen to work ….. until now as they have made changes (Elan Site) over the past week. They indicated that they only support "downloads in the Quicken Format", for import into Quicken.

• Dave Marshall
    Dave Marshall Member ✭✭✭
    Options

hopefully, Elan will cooperate and not be so stubborn.

• rismanma
    rismanma Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

"I spoke with Elan IT Support yesterday and they indicate that they do not support Quicken Access and never did, it just happen to work. They indicated that they only support "downloads in the Quicken Format", for import into Quicken"

My question to anyone here would be — do find what the IT support person said to be credible?

• John Baltimore
    Options

I'll be cancelling my Fidelity credit card if that's the case.

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

That IT person didn't know what they were talking about. I run into that kind of bogus response (not just from Elan) from non-technical customer service personnel or from tech folks who are involved with website issues. The tech folks that one needs to talk with are those that are involved with downloading data.

Elan (and Fidelity Rewards Credit Card) have been set up with the aggregator (Intuit) to download into Quicken via EWC (Quicken Connect for QMac) for years. But that IT person is correct in that for right now the only method that is working for downloads is Web Connect.

Elan has been having a server issue since 9/23 (maybe 9/22) that is preventing them from properly connecting to and communicating with Quicken. See my 10/1 post in a QWin thread about this issue: Re: Error download transactions from Elan Financial Services (Fidelity Visa Rewards) CC-502 (QWIN). (Note: The last part of that post regards downloading via the Web Connect method but the steps listed are for QWin. I am not familiar with the QMac steps to use but I would imagine they are somewhat similar.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• oysters12
    oysters12 Member
    Options

I've been having the CC-502 error for weeks now when I attempt to download transactions from my Fidelity Visa Rewards card. I had the same issue with another credit card about a year ago. For that particular CC all online servicing was not working for well over a month. You couldn't even sign in to the banks web site.

These recent major outage events seem strange because prior to them I can't remember having any issues downloading transactions (other than a few occasional minor glitches). I wonder if the software systems/platform that the banks purchase are getting too complex (high maintenance, technology changes, etc.) for for their IT departments to understand and maintain OR if the banks aren't hiring (and willing to pay) for the qualified IT professions required to maintain them. Banks aren't know for high salaries unless you are an executive in a higher position.

• leishirsute
    leishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

It's important to get to a level 2 or higher support person at Elan, preferably someone in their data processing department. I've found the the 1st tier of support doesn't usually know about Quicken and just gives an uneducated response to close the ticket. There have been several times for other accounts that tier 1 and tier 2 support had different responses.

Deluxe R55.26., Windows 10 Pro

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe a ray of hope? This post in a QWin thread says they were told by Elan this morning that they are targeting to have this issue resolved by this weekend. (I believe the Op meant to post "10/7-10/8" instead of "5/7-5/8". I think the important part is "by this weekend". That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! 😏)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• DinoSore
    DinoSore Member
    Options

Today's Quicken download produced a box for me to enter a code sent by text to my cell phone. My Elan credit card is now downloading properly. (This was approximately 8:30 am EDT on 10/5/23).

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

This morning, just for grins, I tried to connect to the old Financial Institution: Fidelity Rewards Credit Card. IT WORKED! I'm now back connect to my Fidelity Rewards Visa card.

Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Centre
    Centre Member
    Options

Yes, it's working again.

• GregThomp
    GregThomp Member ✭✭
    Options

Yay! I like Fidelity's 2% cash back but non-compatibility would have been a deal-breaker.

This discussion has been closed.