Have to open and close Quicken for Mac 2 or 3 times to update

Options
gkorrect
gkorrect Member ✭✭

For at least a year I have to open and close Quicken for Mac 2 or 3 times before it will move beyond "updating transactions." Today I uninstalled and reinstalled the software but the same problems persist. Any suggestions on how to correct this issue?

Thanks for any input.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @gkorrect,

Let’s try a few troubleshooting steps for this issue—these steps should resolve things for you, but if not, please come back and post more about your experience so we can investigate. 

First, backup your Quicken file.

1. Navigate to the Quicken dropdown menu
    2. Sign Out...
    3. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password 
    4. Follow the prompts to be taken back to your data file after signing in

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• gkorrect
    gkorrect Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. Tried those steps and still spinning stuck on Updating Transactions for 5 mins and counting…

Any other suggestions?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @gkorrect,

Are you able to restore a backup that was created before this issue occurred?

You may follow this link to access a FAQ that provides more information regarding saving/restoring from backups.

Please let us know.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• gkorrect
    gkorrect Member ✭✭
    Options

It’s been so long that if I go back that far I’ll lose months of transaction categorization and other settings that I’ve fine tuned over that time.

Any other suggestions that wouldn’t wipe out all that work?

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

@gkorrect You could try what I call the "nuclear" option: export your transactions and import them into a new, blank database. The downside of doing this, and the reason it's something of a last resort is that you'll lose saved reports, register configurations, bank connections, attachments, and other settings you'l need to set up again. But for most people, setting those things up again will take less time than re-creating months of data.

To do this, go to File > Export > Quicken Transfer File (QXF). Then do File > New and select Start from Scratch, followed by File > Import > Quicken Windows File (QDF, QXF). The result should be a brand new data file, with all your transaction data intact. You can then assess whether everything seems right; use File > Open Recent to switch back and forth between your original data file and the new one.

You can always give this a try, and if you find that the cure is worse than the original problem, just go back to using your original data file and forget about the new one.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • gkorrect
    gkorrect Member ✭✭
    Options

thanks for replies, sounds like my best option is just to deal with it

This discussion has been closed.