Cannot enter my login details

Options
DenisG
DenisG Member

Hello.

quicken for windows, when I'm launching it, all I see is a blank white screen, without login password window. operating system is Windows 11. Please help

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Which version of Quicken are you running? (Help > About Quicken)

Is this a fresh installation of it?

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11

• DenisG
    DenisG Member
    Options

Hello, does anybody help me?

• DenisG
    DenisG Member
    Options

it is last versian from official quicken web

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried selecting File and then your Quicken data file?

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • DenisG
    DenisG Member
    Options

Have you tried selecting File and then your Quicken data file?

I dont't understand what do you mean? I I'm a new customer and don't have any data. I have installed and open the Quicken but no field with Login and Password

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

When we say "Help" or "File" look at the upper left corner of the picture you posted. You will see them there.

Click on "Help" and you will see a menu pop up where you can then click on "About Quicken". That will open a new pop up that will say which edition (Starter, Deluxe, Premier or Home & Business) you have installed. It will also confirm the status of your subscription and when it expires. Let us know what you see in this popup.

Click on "File" and you will see a menu pop up. In that menu you can select "Open Quicken File". Or if you had already created a data file it will show up at the bottom of that menu in which case you can click on that to open your file.

If you have not yet created a Quicken data file, you click on "New Quicken File" in that File menu which will take you through the steps to create a new file.

• ADyn
    ADyn Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue. Fresh install of Windows 11, fresh install of Quicken. Talked to tech support but couldn't get it fixed. Uninstalled completely, reinstalled. Same. Manually downloaded the latest patch 27.1.52.33 but same issue. It's not my data file since I can open it on my old computer without issues. Also tried a new data file and it does the same thing. If you right click where the login screen is supposed to be you have a "Inspect Source" option and the source is empty like it's not downloading the login page from Quicken. Called tech support back a second time, they said they have multiple people reporting it but I need to call back tomorrow to give them more info because the higher tier support people are all gone. Not sure why I would have to call back if they know it's a issue.

They did have me try downloading old patches from the support site but none in the last couple months worked.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please verify the following items:

1. To make sure that Quicken is allowed to update and save its configuration files please check if Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware protection is enabled.
      If it is, configure it to add Quicken as an "allowed app" without turning off Ransomware protection. Perform the last step in
    2. Have you recently enabled a VPN?
      If so, this might be the problem. Try turning the VPN off, reboot with VPN disabled and see if that helps.
    3. Is there a corporate or otherwise external firewall getting in the way? Contact the IT people maintaining the firewall and ask for permission.
    4. If you're running Quicken and Windows under a VM, ensure that the VM does not block any incoming or outgoing IP ports.
    5. Does your Antivirus software allow Quicken to connect to the Internet?
      Quicken needs to be able to establish outbound Internet connections for the program to work.
      For example, in McAfee Firewall, one user states "By editing the Quicken Firewall entry Selecting Incoming and Outgoing, and changing it from "Default" to "Open to all devices" it now works without having to turn off the entire firewall!"
      See Check your firewall settings and ensure the following three entries are present:
      If necessary, contact the Antivirus / Firewall vendor's Support Center for assistance.
    6. In Windows 11 or older Windows systems go to Windows Control Panel and select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
      Click the Advanced tab.
      Scroll down the list to "Use TLS 1.x" and click to put checkmarks on all available choices even though some of them are no longer supported. "Use TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 (if available)"
      Turn off "Use SSL 3.0"
      Click Apply. Reboot.
    7. If all else fails: Try rebooting your network router. When done reboot your PC
    8. Please let us know which of the above solved your problem.

• GeorgePatersonNJ
    Options

Hey UKR,

I've been having intermittent login failures for several months in Windows 11 Home on Quicken Deluxe, Version R52.33, build 27.1.52.33. It seems similar to the issues in this thread. I have submitted a report to Quicken.

Do you have any suggestions for protecting my access to my Quicken data file? I've been using Quicken since the 1990s. I fear that someday I simply won't be able to access my data.

I've tried your Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access feature Ransomware "allowed app" suggestion. And I've turned off my NordVPV (which I have been using with Quicken for many years). I have also run the Quicken 'Validate and repair' function. I still get periodic login failures… using the same password for many years. I am also periodically being prompted to log into my QUICKEN account… which is atypical to my product use. I use only the virus and security features from my WIndows software. I can't think of anything that I have changed. No other software on my PC is giving me login issues. I imagine some Windows or Quicken update from the perpetual security cat and mouse game might be the root cause.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Your entry indicates a lot of expertise! This issue has shaken my confidence in Quicken.

George

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There are several active discussion in the Community about Windows 10 or 11 OneDrive interfering with Quicken trying to access its data file while Quicken starts.

At this time, the recommended workaround is to pause MS OneDrive before starting Quicken. Resume OneDrive when you're done working with Quicken for the day and close it down.

If you know how to configure MS OneDrive to not touch the active Quicken file(s) or folder, that would be a better solution.

• GeorgePatersonNJ
    Options

Hmmm… I keep my Quicken data on a Onedrive backed up directory. I'll tinker with your suggestion. The intermittent nature might be related to timing issues of backup access, too. If I learn anything… will update.

• GeorgePatersonNJ
    Options

First blush…. I'm three for three successful starts when I "pause" OneDrive. Since my problem is intermittent… I'd want to be successful over a number of days before declaring victory. There's a setting where you can pause OneDrive for a duration (2 hours).. which would make it a simple switch before using Quicken. Over time, I'd expect the root cause to be corrected. Meanwhile, if this works… simple enuf!

How to Disable OneDrive in Windows 11 (allthings.how) https://allthings.how/how-to-disable-onedrive-in-windows-11/

• Boatnmaniac
    edited November 2023
    Options

It seems that more and more people are saving their active Quicken data files on OneDrive (or Dropbox or some other Cloud storage site). This is never a good idea as it can cause unpredictable and undesired Quicken performance issues and there is a relatively high risk of non-repairable data file corruption occurring at some point. It makes me wonder how many of the issues posted in this Community are due to running their active data files from a Cloud storage site.

Per the Support Article (https://www.quicken.com/support/can-i-share-my-quicken-file-between-multiple-computers-using-dropbox):

*Never open your data file or backup file directly from Dropbox .  Always move the file to your desktop computer, then open it, to prevent file damage.

*Services such as OneDrive, Dropbox, or Google Drive can be used as a location to store backups of your Quicken data files.  We don't recommend storing your active data files, or installing Quicken, on these drives.  If you restore a backup that is located in your cloud drive, make certain the restored file is saved locally on your hard drive before using the file.

• GeorgePatersonNJ
    Options

Boatnmaniac, Thanks for your comment and reference. My Quicken data file is in a directory subject to OneDrive replication. But the file is resident on my local drive… a solid-state drive. The reference article warning is particular about sharing the Quicken data file between two Quicken instances and especially simultaneously. If my login difficulties go away by pausing OneDrive during Quicken use... then we have a new OneDrive case prohibition slightly different than the referenced article.

I have a lot of other software that plays nice with the way I use OneDrive. Notably Photoshop. Of course all my Microsoft utilities work fine in the environment they were created for. Quicken did work fine for many years with the data file on OneDrive directory replication. Something changed… or phase-of-the-moon interference! If it proves successful for a week or so I my contact the author of the article to tell of another OneDrive/Quicken issue then simply move my data file to a different directory not subject to OneDrive replication… AND chalk one up for the Quicken Community. Thanks!

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@GeorgePatersonNJ - Yes, the Support Article I referenced was about sharing data files but the comments regarding Cloud storage sites are much more inclusive than that. There are other Support Article and Community references cautioning about that. It is my understanding that the folder that syncs with OneDrive should be the folder where the backup files are saved, not where the active main file is saved.

Quicken did work fine for many years with the data file on OneDrive directory replication.

Not to be critical, but I can't tell you how many times I've read posts in this Community where the Op said something similar to this and was surprised to find out that was the cause of some sudden odd Quicken performance or even permanent main data file corruption. IMO, it is not so much a question of if it will happen but when it will happen. My suggestion is to move your main data file out of the OneDrive sync folder so the same does not at some time happen to you. Save your backup files there instead.

BTW, you might want to do a search in this forum for "OneDrive" just from 10/1/2023 to today. I think you will be surprised to see how many threads there are regarding OneDrive issues, including Quicken login issues. There's even an Alert posted about this at Re: ONGOING 11/4/23 Unable to open data file/file password not working in Quicken for Windows.

• GeorgePatersonNJ
    Options

@Boatnmaniac @UKR Thanks again… You guys really are Superusers! Extremely helpful guidance.

• GeorgePatersonNJ
    Options

CLOSURE: I haven't had a login failure since I moved my Quicken data file to a local drive directory not covered by MS OneDrive file replication. I'm calling that a Q.E.D. Prior to that, my login would fail 1 or 2 times.. then maybe succeed on the third. (So, timing issue seemed at play.) Thanks to the Quicken Community for kindness, insight and knowledge.

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Glad to hear it, @GeorgePatersonNJ . Thanks for posting the result back here so others might benefit from it.

This discussion has been closed.