Error connecting to American Express

Options
Gcrandall
Gcrandall Member

I have received this same error when trying to connect to AMEX - which I have done successfully for years starting in Mid August

I have received this error for about 1 month. I deactivated the connection and try to reactivate but it does not connect. I have authorized quicken to have access on the AMEX website and it is still actively authorized.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Gcrandall,

To start troubleshooting this issue, could you start by letting us know what kind of accounts these are (Checking, Savings, Credit Card, etc)? Have you tried using one of the other American Express connection options? To do that, you would first backup your Quicken file, then deactivate the American Express accounts that are having trouble connecting. One the accounts are deactivated, reconnect by going to Tools>Add Account, search for American Express, and choose a different connection option (such as using American Express instead of American Express - Banking).

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Gcrandall
    Gcrandall Member
    Options

these are credit card accounts. I have deactivated the online connection for this account. when I re-enable the online connection I do not get a choice of connection method. I will try to "add" the account per above even though the account is still there in Quicken and has 10 years of history… Perhaps I will get the option for picking connection method through that path. thanks

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Gcrandall,

Please let us know if you are able to reach a resolution.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Gcrandall
    Gcrandall Member
    Options

was finally able to retry last week. by Adding the account (even though it technically exists in Quicken) it made the correct connections and all is working as designed.. thanks

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Gcrandall,

Thanks for reaching back out to let us know!

I am happy to hear that we were able to reach a resolution.

Please do not hesitate to reach out with any further questions or concerns.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.