CC-800 - Bread Savings (formerly Comenity Bank)

Options
TexMike
TexMike Member ✭✭✭

I am using Quicken for Windows Release Version R52.28 (Build 27.1.52.28). I started receiving the a CC-800 error for Bread Savings around October 9, 2023 when I update all of my accounts with One Step Update (Bread Savings Express Web Connect).

The "Fix it" option does not resolve the CC-800 error. Refreshing the account does fix the error either. When I reset the account, it is found at Bread Savings (see screen shot below)

Next, the "Updating you accounts " process runs. Finally, the account is supposedly added and reset.

However, when I test this using One Step Update right after the account is added, I receive the CC-800 error again. There is a discussion about this same error at the link below, but the discussion is closed.

Any ideas on what is causing the CC-800 issue with Bread Savings? Thanks.

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @TexMike,

To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend following the steps from this article on CC-800 errors:

First, backup your Quicken file.

Next, you'll need to deactivate the affected accounts:

1. Select Tools Account List 
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Select Edit on each account with this error and Deactivate them on the Online Services tab
    4. When finished, close the Account List.

Then, reactivate the accounts:

1. Select Tools Add Account 
    2. Go through the flow of re-adding the deactivated accounts to Quicken, use your login credentials and answer any security questions, until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    3. Select to LINK each of the found accounts to the accounts you already have set up in Quicken. For accounts you don't want to link, select Don't add to Quicken

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• TexMike
    TexMike Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the suggestions. I performed the steps you provided but I still receive a CC-800 error message. I sent a sanitized data file to Quicken support. Any other suggestions?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Since the previous troubleshooting didn't fix the issue, I'd recommend following these steps:

1. Backup your Quicken file.
    2. Deactivate all accounts connected to the financial institutions that are having the issue, unless they are under a different login that is not having trouble.
    3. If you didn't do this earlier, check for any hidden accounts that are still trying to connect to those financial institutions. To do this, go to Tools>Account List, then, if you have hidden accounts, there will be a Show hidden accounts checkbox at the lower left. Scroll through the Account List, looking for any hidden accounts that think they're connected to those financial institutions (Transaction Download column will say "yes" if an account thinks its connected). If you find any that are connected, deactivate them.
    4. Before reconnecting anything, go to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. There should be a blue link that says Reset your cloud data. Click on that link. Note: If you don't see that link, you have sync turned off. You would need to turn the sync on, click OK, then go back to Edit>Preferences>Mobile & Web. Then you should be able to click on that link. Once the cloud reset is complete, you can turn the sync back off again.
    5. After the cloud reset completes, go to Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts. There will be a blue link that says Sign in as a different user. Click that link, type "yes", then click the Sign Out button.
    6. Quicken will log you out and take you back to the login screen. Before logging in, close Quicken and leave it closed for at least 5 seconds.
    7. Re-open Quicken. When it finishes loading, it will take you to the login screen. Log in to Quicken.
    8. Once you are logged back into Quicken, reconnect the accounts by going to Tools>Add Account. Search for the Financial Institution and follow the prompts. Do this for each financial institution you need to reconnect. Note: When reconnecting your accounts, it is important to make sure that Quicken is showing the action as Link to existing and the nickname in Quicken is the correct account you want it to download into (see sample image below). If it is showing an incorrect name or if it is trying to add instead of link, click the dropdown in the action column to correct it.

Once your accounts are reconnected, test to see if the issue is resolved.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• TexMike
    TexMike Member ✭✭✭
    Options

The instructions fixed the CC-800 error for Bread Savings for a few days, BUT the CC-800 error has returned for that bank. In addition, a CC-800 error has now started with another bank, CIT Bank. The CC-800 error for CIT Bank started immediately after I fixed (but now not working again) Bread Savings. So now I have a CC-800 error for two banks. I noticed that in Add Account, CIT Bank has two financial listed (CIT Bank N.A New Login and CIT Bank Online). Neither will activate my CIT bank account. I had no problems with CIT Bank before. The steps above did not work for either Bread Savings or CIT Bank. I validated my Quicken file and the log said it repaired CIT Bank, but no go. Any suggestions?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Since troubleshooting connection and cloud issues did not correct the issue, the next step is to check for any file specific issues that may be causing the problem. I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• TexMike
    TexMike Member ✭✭✭
    Options

As a follow up. The instructions did not fix the problem. The only way I can fix it is reset the account. Although the reset process does appear to work (i.e., Quicken locates my account at Bread Savings and asks me to link to existing account), a one step update and/or refresh continues to give me the error. OI did send a sanitized report to Quicken. Validating and Super Validating my Quicken file does not show any errors. Not sure what to do at this point. Any ideas?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

The next step is to restore a backup from before the issue started, if possible, and test to see if the issue persists in that newly restored file.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• TexMike
    TexMike Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks again for the suggestion. I made a copy of a backup from a month ago (before the problem began). I restored the data file and tried to do a one-step update but I still receive the CC-800. Would disabling one-step update for this financial institution and reenabling it help? That did not work last time. I have a lot of entries in my register for Bread Savings, so my preference is not to close the account and start over.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

If you are working with the restored file, then following the regular process to resolve a CC-800 error may clear the error. Here are the directions from the article on error CC-800:

First, you'll need to deactivate the affected accounts:

1. Select Tools Account List 
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Select Edit on each account with this error and Deactivate them on the Online Services tab
    4. When finished, close the Account List.

Second, reactivate the accounts:

1. Select Tools Add Account 
    2. Go through the flow of re-adding the deactivated accounts to Quicken, use your login credentials and answer any security questions, until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    3. Select to LINK each of the found accounts to the accounts you already have set up in Quicken. For accounts you don't want to link, select Don't add to Quicken

Please let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.