Costco Anywhere Visa by Citi

Options

Hi, I cannot remember last time the one step update worked for this card of mine. I have disconnected, reconnected, etc. Nothing seems to work. I have submitted numerous tickets on this matter. Can we get this to work??

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

(Edit: Corrected Costco Cards typo. Now showing the correct Citi Cards. Sorry about the previous typo.)

Have you tried setting up your Costco card with Citi Cards instead of with Costco Anywhere Visa by Citi?

I stopped using the Costco Anywhere Visa by Citi setup a couple of years ago because there were so many connection issues with it. And it sounds like there still are a lot of issues with it.

I now use the Citi Cards setup and it works absolutely wonderful. It provides a Direct Connect connection instead of Express Web Connect connection. DC is much more stable, reliable and a lot faster than EWC is. Most people who make the switch agree that Citi Cards is the way to go.

If you decide to try Citi Cards, you might want to review this post thread: Citi Costco Cards CC-502 - solution found (maybe).

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• deadan78
    deadan78 Member
    Options

thanks for the help. However it did not solve my issue. Guess I will continue manual exports.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the problems you are having is in setting up "Citi Cards"/Direct Connect then maybe what I posted in this thread will help.

As for the rest:

Can we get this to work??

You are asking the wrong people. This is mostly a user-to-user forum with some moderators.

No one will have an answer for you especially if you haven't stated what the actual problem you are having is.

I have submitted numerous tickets on this matter.

And I think that you and other users have the wrong impression on what this actually means.

I think people get the impression that every time they submit a problem report a bug report is generated and people start to work on it. I could be wrong, but I get that impression that what really happens is they "collect this information" and use it for try to decide what to work or maybe to get more information on a given problem from the logs. In other words, no "ticket" is generated.

If you have not contacted Quicken Support directly and they have told you a ticket was created or if a moderator on here has stated, the same thing (which is usually done after tons of people reporting something on here), then no ticket has been created. Note even contacting Quicken Support might not result in what most people would think of as a ticket. As in, an actual ticket for the developers to start working on something.

And note when I was doing beta testing at any given time there were thousands of bugs, and in the case of connection problems most of them are out of the hands of Quicken Inc, they either fall on Intuit or the financial institution.

The Citibank Express Web Connect has been problematic for many years so I don't expect it to get any better unless Citi goes to Express Web Connect + (Unfortunately there is zero chance they will go to Direct Connect).

The only thing I have with Citi is my Costco Anywhere Visa card and like @Boatnmaniac I have that setup with "Citi Cards"/Direct Connect and it has worked flawlessly for many years.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.