Stock Prices

Options
1958usmc
1958usmc Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Investing (Windows)

[Removed - Rant]

Here's my complaint/question and is anyone else experiencing this issue?

I have been with you for a very long time, perhaps as far back as the mid 80's. I am an avid stock trader through Schwab, and suddenly, you downloaded stock prices after the market closes (and later than the 20 minute delay you have, your prices on at least 20% of my holdings are incorrect. The next business day morning I go in to my Quicken and compare what it says the closing price was on XYZ stock and invariably it differs from what Schwab says. Why? This just started about a few months ago and I have to tell you it is VERY frustrating for someone like me.

Comments

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Note that this is a user to user forum, so "you" isn't Quicken, it's fellow users.

Are you running Premier or above? If so, check the setting at Edit > Preferences > Investing > Real time quotes. People have observed that if this option is checked, strange values sometimes get downloaded, especially when the exchanges are closed.

Another recent issue is that today's price is sometimes copied to yesterday. This seems to apply to ETFs.

Does either of these situations describe your problem?

QWin Premier subscription
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There also seems to be some quotes downloaded that are a result of "after hours trading".
    The stock exchange closure isn't the end of all trading.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• 1958usmc
    1958usmc Member ✭✭
    Options

No kidding, I know that. But your third party provider has really gotten bad. I just had to change the quotes of 16 of my stocks

• 1958usmc
    1958usmc Member ✭✭
    Options

Real time quotes is not clicked. I need to find another investment tracker, this is driving me crazy. I have a LOT of stocks, am an avid trader, and have been for many years. And this BS just started within the past two months.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

But your third party provider has really gotten bad.

Again, this site is not Quicken Support. You're not speaking directly to Quicken Support, the development team, or Quicken management here; it's just fellow users trying to help each other, with assistance from a handful of Quicken moderators.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • 1958usmc
    1958usmc Member ✭✭
    Options

I knw, I finally realized that by a response. Thanks for heads up

This discussion has been closed.