Why can't quicken find and update accounts that where previously added?

Options
Caro S
Caro S Member

I have Quicken Classic Premier. Version R52.28 Build 27.1.52.28

I have 2 of accounts with USAA that where added to Quicken previously, when the first one was not detected, I deleted it and try to add it again and will no longer find it (that was a couple months ago). Now I am having the same problem with another account, now is just telling that I should just delete the account. I don't want to do that because is happening the same as with the other account, every time I try to add the account again, it doesn't show up in the list. How can I resolve this issue?

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Have you tried doing the following? It can often resolve the issue you are having.

1. Enter and save the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount into the Memo field of that transaction. Do this for each USAA account you have in Quicken. (This is not a part of the fix but the following steps can sometimes change the Opening Balance transaction dollar amount. By entering that information into the Memo field now it makes it very simple and easy to fix when this happens.)
    2. Back up your data file.
    3. Do this for each USAA account you have: Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate.
    4. After the last USAA account has been deactivated: Online Services tab > Set Up Now > follow the setup prompts > when Quicken prompts you, make sure you carefully Link the downloaded data to the appropriate USAA accounts already in Quicken or if an account is downloaded that is not already in Quicken make sure to Add it to Quicken.

Did this resolve the issue for you?

(BTW, deleting accounts usually does not fix connection issues in Quicken and can often create more headaches than are solved. Deleting should only be done as a last resort and you really just want to start all over from scratch.)

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Caro S
    Caro S Member
    Options

I tried that. The accounts still don’t appear on the list of accounts to enter into Quicken 😣

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

What kind(s) of accounts are these?

• Caro S
    Caro S Member
    Options

one is a checking account and the other is a savings account

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

Sorry but I don't have any USAA accounts and can't think of any reason why your accounts aren't showing up after you have deactivated both accounts and try then try to to set USAA up again.

Hopefully, someone who has USAA accounts will pipe in here with some other troubleshooting ideas.

• Caro S
    Caro S Member
    Options

Thank you. I appreciate the good intention.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Caro S,

To help troubleshoot this issue, are these active accounts that have had transactions (other than interest payments) recently? If these are accounts that USAA has marked as dormant, then Quicken would not be able to discover them. If that is what is happening, refer to this post for the work around:

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Caro S
    Caro S Member
    Options

That is definitely possible these are account that don't get a lot of movement but still need to be followed. Thank you!! I will try that.

This discussion has been closed.