QUICKEN IS STILL DOWN - 4 DAYS LATER - WINDOWS 10 BLANK SCREEN - NO SUPPORT UPDATE

Options
alan1ststraw
alan1ststraw Member ✭✭

Well here we are, since Monday. I paid for the subscription renewal and my program does not work. I spent 2 hours on Monday and 2 hours on Wednesday. Quicken tells me they know of the problem and said it would probably be fixed today, Friday. I am now on hold waiting for a supervisor to tell me why the program still does not work. What do you recommend.

[Edited for Readability]

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @alan1ststraw,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

Thank you.

(Ticket #10527229)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• alan1ststraw
    alan1ststraw Member ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

This link sends me to customer service and they don't have a clue. This is day 8. I have 28 receipts to input, 5 reconciliations, and 2 stock trades I cannot work with no Quicken! [Edited - Readability]

[Merged Post]

• alan1ststraw
    alan1ststraw Member ✭✭
    Options

DAY 9 - I have 23 receipts, 5 reconciliations and 1 stock trade to enter and the program still won't work. Anybody there?

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you running OneDrive on your system? If so, you may be affected by this issue.

If one of the workarounds resolves this issue for you, please let us know.

Thanks!

QWin Premier subscription
  • User123456789
    User123456789 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

After the R52.28 update, my Quicken would not even start. Support was absolutely useless and ridiculously condescending. The guy kept saying "I always hear from people who say they've been using Quicken for years. They always say it has always worked. Well now it doesn't. The update is not the problem. You don't know Quicken like I do." I'm not using OneDrive but I do store my Quicken file in an encrypted drive. He had me copy the file to the C: drive and it eventually opened there but I will not store my Quicken file on an unencrypted drive.

The latest update available on the Quicken manual update site is R52.28. I uninstalled Quicken and reinstalled it and now it's showing as version R52.33. Now it works again with the Quicken file stored on the encrypted drive. The update site still shows R52.28.

An encrypted drive is not the same as OneDrive but it's also not the same as storing the file in "my documents". I'm just sharing this in case it helps with the OneDrive issue too. My issue seemed to have started with the R52.28 update.

I am never wasting my time calling Quicken Support again. My last call ended in me hurling a bunch of [Removed - Disruptive] and hanging up which is something I have very rarely ever done. I have never been so frustrated calling support for any software before.

This discussion has been closed.