Fidelity Netbenefits 401K transaction downloads all "Unidentified Security". x

Options

@Kristina In an earlier post with Stu, you stated:

"Thank you for reaching out to the Community. There are 2 known issues right now:

1. Fidelity Netbenefits 401K transaction downloads all "Unidentified Security". This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release. (CTP-7302)"

This was not Stu's issue so I did not want to extend that conversation. I would like to know if this issue has been resolved as I am seeing a similar issue with my Fidelity 401A and 403B accounts.

Alan, Windows 10, Version R52.20, Build 27.1.52.20

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Alan314,

Thank you for reaching out to the Quicken Community.

The issue mentioned above is still currently ongoing. You may follow this link to access the alert where you may bookmark it in order to remain up to date on any new information, ETAs, or resolutions that may occur.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• QfromDoS
    QfromDoS Member ✭✭
    Options

For your developers… I have noticed that the entries that come in to the register and still are correct are transaction type: <Buy - Shares Bought>. The now tagged Unidentified Securities (which actually have the correct security in the Memo field) are coming in Action: Bonds Bought. All of the transactions prior to this issue were <Buy - Shares Bought>. This may be causing the glitch. Also for those of you fighting this (before hopefully they fix it) you can one by one change the security name based on looking at the memo field, but it is extremely tedious.

• mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• QfromDoS
    QfromDoS Member ✭✭
    Options

You can change the security by clicking on the Unidentified Security then start to type the security from the memo field then the security will be pickable - select it hit enter 2 times… very tedious, but works.

• QfromDoS
    QfromDoS Member ✭✭
    Options

To be clear — This is after you have accepted the unidentified security into the register…

• BarryMo
    BarryMo Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Does not really work for me. As you said, it is coming in as a Bond transaction so the share count is off by a factor of 10. Lot of manual manipulation to make it work which defeats the purpose of this product.

• wilsonvr
    wilsonvr Member ✭✭
    Options

Can we get an update about this issue? Is there a timeline for resolving this issue?

• Quicken Anja
    Options

Hello @wilsonvr,

We do not have an ETA on resolution at this time. Any and all available updates will be posted in the Alert that was previously linked in @Quicken Jasmine's response above. Unfortunately, we do not have any further information available beyond what has already been posted thus far in the Alert.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• EWagner635
    EWagner635 Member ✭✭
    Options

One of many issues with downloading over the past few months. Sad.

• PegasusT4
    PegasusT4 Member ✭✭
    Options

Still having this problem as well as the Enter correct Date listed in another thread. With each update it seems some things get fixed and some things get broken.

• wilsonvr
    wilsonvr Member ✭✭
    Options

Quicken Anja

Thanks for your response, please let me know how this issue can be escalated. This issue has been ongoing for 4 months with no resolution and no timeline for a solution which is not acceptable. If this issue can't be resolved will Quicken refund or provide a credit for towards my yearly subscription?

Best Regards

Virgil Wilson

• Duane Smith
    Options

I have had the same problem since July 15th.

• RMerchant
    RMerchant Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I have been a long time user of Quicken and have been downloading transactions from Fidelity for both me and my wifes 401 k accounts. Most recently both accounts started to download security as unidentified even though all the security info was listed. I could not match the security before accepting it. I had to manually go in and change the accepted transaction. I see some other posts state this is a fidelity issue and some state this is a bug in Quicken. Is there any way to resolve the problem without manually changing every transaction

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It is definitely a Fidelity bug and such other than manual entry, the only thing users can do is wait until Fidelity fixes the problem.

If you want to see some of the struggles people have been going through with this with my and other "geek details" you can look into this thread probably starting with this comment:

If you want the official forum thread for this:

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yeah - just encountered this with our Fidelity NetBenefits 403b … bookmarked Alert

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• RMerchant
    RMerchant Member ✭✭
    Options

This problem seems like going on since some time over the summer. Crazy that fidelity and quicken cant find a solution . I mean this is basically just data tables that need to be correctly aligned or matched . It is not rocket science

All the data is there. I am seriously going to stop paying for quicken by year end if they dont fix it and to we should all charge them for time to correct each individual transaction that we as a community have to manually correct and spend time doing.

• skmcfadden
    skmcfadden Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Same problem here. Have to manually edit each download transaction and replace description of "Unidentified Security" with the actual security name.

Quicken Classic R523.33 27.1.52.33

Windows 10 22H2

• Eschieber
    Options

Hello, I just re-added my Fidelity NetBenefits account this morning and it seems to have populated correctly and, at least on my account, all my holdings are now accurate.

• bloodybob
    Options

same issues here. Q is reporting in holdings $6000 more than Fidelity says plus $1600 in unidentified securities. New ones pop up every month.

This discussion has been closed.