System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

A Classic crash 2 days in a row

Comments

• Ordinary guy
    Ordinary guy Member ✭✭
    Options

10/23/23 - Quicken Classic Deluxe automatically updated. Now shows Ver. R52.33 / Build 27.1.52.33. It totally messed up the program. I get NOTHING but the most basic menu, and cannot access my files (thru Quicken) to restore a backup. Now what?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Ordinary guy,

To troubleshoot this issue, the first thing I recommend, if you haven't done so already, is restart your computer. After the restart, test to see if Quicken is behaving properly.

If the issue persists after the restart, please provide more information so I can better assist. You mentioned that you cannot open your Quicken files through the Quicken program. What happens when you try (for instance, is the option just not there, or do you get error messages, etc)? What happens when you double click on a Quicken file without the Quicken program being open? Is it able to open your Quicken files that way?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

First of all, Quicken doesn't "automatically" update. You have to initiate the process. I usually perform a "create restore point" before updating just in case something goes awry. But, if you have a known-good backup of your data file…good job. I'd uninstall the program, restart your computer, and reinstall the program and your backup (or even the primary file) should work.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@RalphC this is an incorrect statement:

First of all, Quicken doesn't "automatically" update. 

Quicken periodically checks at startup for updates and if found will install them without asking the user's permission. This is the reason that the SuperUsers suggest setting the Windows Account Control Settings to Notify me or higher to get Windows to prompt you when any program tries to run an install on your machine.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.