I incorrectly cancelled a credit card history off my Quicken. Is there any way to reinstate?

jamesfc
jamesfc Member ✭✭

How do I reinstate that account on my Quicken?

Answers

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not clear exactly what you did.

First, check to see if the account is hidden rather than deleted. In the Account Bar, usually on the left side of your screen, click on More Accounts at the bottom of the Banking section. If the account is listed there, click on Manage hidden accounts and un-check the Hidden box.

If you really deleted the account, you can restore a restore a recent backup, but then you will have to re-enter any transactions since the backup. One way to do that is to got to File > Restore a backup file. If you are using an automatic backup, the filename will include the backup date and time. Scroll to the bottom of the list to see the most recent.

Please post back and let us know what happened.

QWin Premier subscription
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, if you Closed the account, it cannot be reopened. As @Jim_Harman said regarding deleted accounts, if you want that account open, again, you will need to restore a backup file where it is still open.

Quicken Classic Premier (US) Subscription: R59.10 on Windows 11

• NotACPA
    NotACPA Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

But NOTE, you can't restore that single account … you have to restore the entire data file and every account.

SO, depending upon how long ago that backup was created, consider the pain factor of re-creating every transaction since the backup was created.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 Quicken Windows Subscription Alumni ✭✭✭✭

not sure what "cancel" action you took -

As mentioned above -
    if you for some reason accidently DELETED the Quicken Account -
    the only way back is from a complete and hopefully recent Quicken RESTORE - there is no "reinstate" -

This discussion has been closed.