Pentagon FCU cc-503 Download failure since 10/16/2023

Options
Iyaun
Iyaun Member ✭✭

The download process returns the cc-503 error. The last successful download was 10/26/2023. Indicating my login info is incorrect. Not true! I can log into my account online with the same credentials—and my login credentials have not changed.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Iyaun,

If you haven't already, please take a moment to review and follow the troubleshooting instructions found in this error-specific support article.

Hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options

I appreciate your response. but… it didn't work.

The PW is the same in quicken as it is when I log into my account online. I tried to add an account and it took forever to return "no connection" it did not connect so disconnecting an account will not allow me to reconnect the account. The PW and UN are the as used when I login online.

• Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options

It downloads other bank and stock accounts. Just not Pentagon FCU.

• ErnieV
    ErnieV Member ✭✭
    Options

I have had the same problem for several days trying to connect to Pentagon FCU. I get error code: CC-502.

These connections problems with Pentagon FCU happen at least once every other month. This has been going on for at least the last year or two. Hard to understand why after so long Quicken can't identify the problem and corrected once and for all. Come on Quicken we deepen on you to resolve these issues. Don't let them keep happening over and over again. Thank you.

• Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options

I'm getting the cc-502 error since yesterday. It may be both Pentagon FCU and Quicken as Pentagon FCU is not infallible.

• Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options

Now it's back to cc-503. Either way it's not downloading because it's not connecting to the bank and is trying to convince you that your UN/PW is wrong. That's hardly ever the case.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Iyaun and @ErnieV,

If the instructions located in the Support Article fail to provide a resolution, we suggest contacting Quicken Support directly for further assistance.

The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 a.m. PT to 5:00 p.m. PT, Monday through Friday.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options

A ticket has been created and is now being investigated.

• Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options

Today (11/9/2023) the transaction download worked!

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

@Iyaun thanks for the update! Glad to hear it’s working for you. 🙂

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options

Well that was short-lived. Receiving an error that my account in quicken has been deleted (cc-800 I think). Not true, but I tried to add Pentagon FCU and it returns an error about the credentials being incorrect. That's not true either.

• tjkandjm
    tjkandjm Member ✭✭
    Options

Having similar issues with other banks. I first get CC800 in OSU in accounts that successfully updated the previous day. When I try to "Reset account" from account details or to "Fix it" from OSU or to "Add account" from tools menu quicken returns CC503. After multiple attempts to correct the problem the code becomes CC929. I am using quicken classic for windows. It has happened to me with various banks (Affinity FCU, Alliant, Citizens, Fulton, PenFed and others). None of these accounts are on OSU anymore. Very frustrating.

• Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options

@tjkandjm I feel your pain. It happens too often. Check out this page to see if your banks are listed and bookmark each alert to stay alert on the progress https://community.quicken.com/categories/alerts

• solostorm
    solostorm Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

For the last several days (post 11/12/2023) I've been getting a CC-502 fail from PenFed

• AD Lee
    AD Lee Member ✭✭
    Options

I have been getting a CC-502 error trying to connect to Pentagon FCU. This has been since Pentagon FCU instituted a new verification requirement for log on. Is Quicken looking into this situation.

• Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

@AD Lee Would you enlighten me on this new login verification requirement. I've been using the same process for over a year, but have experienced this "download" issue since 10/16/2023. The error code changes from cc-502 to cc-503 to cc-800. Bottom line, I still can't download transactions.

• AD Lee
    AD Lee Member ✭✭
    Options

The Pentagon FCU now uses a verification process that requires input of a code sent to a separate device to verify your login

• Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options

@AD Lee Thank you for your response. I guess I haven't seen this because I only access my account through my laptop and I try to remember to check the "remember this device" box when I login. I missed checking the box a few times and had to verify with a code sent to my email account. Quicken is working with PenFed on this issue to ensure we are able to continue to download transactions using the one step process. When Quicken breaks, it takes a long time to fix it and I see a lot of error alerts with many financial institutions. But were are we on this vast list?

• Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

This issue has not been resolved and now Quicken has decided to increase their rate. I can't keep doing this dance with Quicken/PenFed (my main banker). I can get my transactions directly from PenFed without Quicken and without annual/monthly fees to do it. I started working on a database last year when faced with a problem with downloading transactions using Quicken. Now I have greater a incentive to complete it. Good riddance Quicken!

• jeffreylie
    jeffreylie Windows Beta Beta
    Options

i am stillhjaving the same issue on all codes and then ends with 929 i will call support again

• Iyaun
    Iyaun Member ✭✭
    Options

@jeffreylie Currently PFCU is no longer allowing any third party access to scrape their website to download their customers financial data. They cited security concerns. Quicken support can't do anything about it. PFCU is looking into other solutions, but encourage their customers to manually download your data (one account at a time) to get your data into Quicken or in other formats. For me, that defeats the purpose of using and paying for Quicken. So instead of quitting my bank, I quit Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.