Transactions for PayPal Mastercard being downloaded into Paypal Credit account instead

Options

Starting this week new transactions for my PayPal Mastercard account are downloading into my PayPal Credit account instead. This has not happen before. The work around is to "cut" the transactions from PayPal Credit and "paste" into PayPal Mastercard but quicken should be able to download into the correct account as it has in the past?

I am on the latest Quicken for Windows version.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @garylapalombara,

Before you begin any troubleshooting, please save a backup of your data file first (just in case).

It sounds like the account may be incorrectly linked. If that is the case, then please deactivate both accounts and then reactivate through Add Account (not through Setup Now).

If needed, please follow the instructions found in this support article to deactivate. Once deactivated, to reactivate through Add Account, navigate to Tools > Add Account..., search for your Financial Institution name and follow the prompts to connect. Once the account has been found, be sure to link it to the correct existing account(s) you have already set up in Quicken.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jwatsonx
    jwatsonx Member ✭✭
    Options

this is an ongoing issue for many. I have the same issue. It is a Quicken/PayPal issue. We have all been synching PayPal for years with no issues until earlier this year. Please resolve. It is mindboggling that I have been reaching out to Quicken support for months now and none of your techs have any idea about this issue. That is one of the reasons I decided to SUBSCRIBE to Quicken, so I would be able to get technical support with issues like this.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @jwatsonx,

Thank you for joining this thread.

Have you attempted the troubleshooting steps provided by @Quicken Anja?

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• ilenefields
    ilenefields Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem for months now. PayPal Mastercard transactions will not download into Quicken. Attempts to reset/deactivate and add all end up with this. I 'say' 'link' and no transactions get downloaded. PLEASE FIX!!

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @ilenefields,

Are you receiving any error codes or messages when attempting to download transactions from PayPal?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• jwatsonx
    jwatsonx Member ✭✭
    Options

@Quicken Jasmine, yes I've tried that and many more fixes with no solution. It seems that Paypal Credit, Crypto and the Credit Card all use the same connection and Quicken just can't seem to differentiate between the different options. I have a PP Credit balance now as well as a balance on the the World Mastercard but no matter what I try Quicken just downloads the CC. I have similar issues with Synhrony Bank as I have a Harbor Freight, Lowes, P.C. Richard & Sons, and Belk CC. Quicken thinks they're all the same thing no matter what I select. I have brand new Quicken file. Examply, I select Harbor Freight CC to add it and it wants to add all 4 of them. Very very frustrating. I've contacted Quicken support a number of times and honestly, I've never had much luck with support. I've been using Quicken for about 30 years now so I'm not a noob…

• sproctor61
    sproctor61 Windows Beta, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

This is exactly the same for me …. To Clarify

ME: I have a Paypal, PayPal Buyers Credit and Paypal Mastercard. When selecting the "PayPal Credit, Crypto etc" section it only finds the PayPal buyers Credit account and NOT the Mastercard.

WIFE: She has a regular Paypal and a PayPal Mastercard. When selecting the "PayPal Credit, Crypto etc" section it DOES find her PayPal Mastercard (Because she does not have the PayPal Buyers Credit account.

Hers all works fine, mine don't find the Mastercard.

• ldhetrick@gmail.com
    Options

I have the same issue with Paypal and Paypal Mastercard. Everything worked fine until early last year, even going through the update account. I keep getting the user name and/or password are not right even though neither one has changed for years.

This discussion has been closed.