Scanning into Quicken causes out of memory error

Options
rwpier
rwpier Member

I have had this issue for several months now, multiple reboots, both Quicken and Epson software has been checked.
I have just booted up my PC, pressed the button on the scanner to make sure it was active. Launched Quicken and performed OneStep update. No quicken update required as I am already running the latest version (R52.33 Build 27.1.52.33). OneStep update completed downloading transactions. Entered a transaction and saved then went to attach→ scanner → Epson ES-50. Epson scanner software opened and the receipt was scanned. Once the scan completed it took approximately 5 seconds for the out of memory error to occur.
I can use the same software outside of Quicken and never have this issues.

Ran the Validate File function.

QDF:
Validating your data.
No errors.

QEL:
No read errors.

QEL:
All internal consistency checks passed.

Scanner settings are

Scanner Epson ES-50 or HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 All-in-one. Issue happens with either scanner.

Epson scanner is connected via USB - F/W ADF 1.05 JPEG parameters: 84 (closer to high quality)

Encoding is standard. Again no issues when using the app itself. Only when through Quicken.

PC Specs:

Windows 11 Pro version 22H2 OS Build 22621.2428

Ryzen 7 5800x 8 core processor 3.8 GHz

32 gig of ram ( 7 gig in use / 24 gig free.

Multiple SSD drives all with 200+ Gig of free space.

HP printer/scanner is connected over Ethernet (wired)

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @rwpier,

To help you resolve this issue, could you please provide more detail? Do you run Quicken in a Virtual Machine? Have you restarted your computer since this issue started? Have you checked to make sure your scanners are using the most current drivers? Do you get this error only when scanning directly into Quicken (for instance, does saving the file first, then attaching to Quicken throw an error also)? Are you able to attach a screenshot of the error message you are seeing (with any personal information obscured or blurred)? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.     

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just scanned a document into Quicken Classic 52.33 using an HP driver without issue, so it's not a Quicken issue. But, to completely rule that out on your system, uninstall Quicken, restart your computer, and reinstall Quicken.

This discussion has been closed.