Persistent wrong renaming

Options
lori_cohen
lori_cohen Member

I am still having transactions renamed incorrectly even after I've gone though and fixed everything. With each download, the payees are wrong. I can't see all the check boxes because the box is squished when it appears and after reloading, it still looks the same. I need some guidance.

Comments

• RalphC
    RalphC Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you syncing to the web? I also don't like to automatically add to banking registers.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The Preferences picture you've posted looks wrong to me.

What version are you using?

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Have you tried Validating, and SuperValidating your data file?

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@lori_cohen - When I see a funky picture like the one you posted it brings 4 things to mind:

1. When was the last time you entirely exited and shut down Quicken? Try closing Quicken and then relaunching the program.
    2. When was the last time you entirely shut down your computer? Try rebooting the computer.
    3. Check your display settings. If they are not set to the "Recommended" settings, try changing them to that to see if that resolves the visuals..
    4. Are you running your Quicken file from One Drive or some other Cloud storage site? If so, move your data file from there to your hard drive (where it should always be saved and run from). Running Quicken from a Cloud storage site is known to produce unexpected Quicken performance issues and to sometimes cause data corruption issues. Data corruption issues, when they occur, can often be non-repairable and non-recoverable.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

This discussion has been closed.