System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

R52.33 - tax planners do not match

Comments

• Lou C
    Lou C Member ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

I've been using tax planner for several years and had current year and historic data populated prior to R52.33. I just opened Tax Planner this am and all I get is a completely blank page for the report - no left hand side categories; nothing. I've closed and reopened Quicken and tried launching the Tax Planner from the Planning tab, etc. I've also validated & super validated the file. No luck.

Anyone else have this issue? I've checked the Community posts and have seen several re the tax planner showing -0-s, conflicting amounts, etc., but haven't seen this specific issue anywhere. Would appreciate any help from Mods and/or Super Users.

thanks -

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Lou C,

To help you troubleshoot this issue, since you've already restarted Quicken, the next step, if you haven't done so since the issue started, would be to restart the computer.

If the unexpected behavior persists after the computer restart, since you have already tried a Validate/Super Validate, the next step would be restoring a backup from before the issue started.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Lou C
    Lou C Member ✭✭
    Options

thanks for the response Kristina; however, I've downloaded hundreds of transactions since the last backup before this issue began, so this isn't a very practical solution for me unfortunately. If that's my only option, I may have to just stop using the Tax Planner. It's a helpful tool and I'm obviously paying for it in my annual subscription, so I'm pretty frustrated by this.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Try closing Quicken and then deleting this folder (note that ProgramData is a hidden folder, so you have to show hidden folders to see it):

C:\ProgramData\Quicken\Cache

Then start Quicken and see if that fixes it.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Lou C
    Lou C Member ✭✭
    Options

Quick update here - I ran a Windows update over the weekend and was then able to open and access the Tax Planner. Also ran the update to R53.16 and can work w/ the Tax Planner again now w/ no issues. This appears to have been an issue on my end rather than w/ Quicken - glad to have it resolved now.

This discussion has been closed.