Navy Federal Duplicate transactions

Options
prettykoolchick
prettykoolchick Member ✭✭

I know Quicken has CONTINUOUS problems downloading from NFCU but now its downloading my transactions twice, anyone else having these issues?

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @prettykoolchick,

To help troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide more detail about what is happening? When did this issue start? Are you downloading the transactions through Quicken and getting duplicates, or are you downloading a file from the financial institution, importing it into Quicken, and ending up with duplicates? Are you getting any error codes or error messages? Is every transaction duplicating, or is this happening only with some transactions? Is there any action that seems to trigger duplicates (such as deactivating/reconnecting the account(s))?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• prettykoolchick
    Options

It has been happening for about 2 weeks, ots only some transactions that duplicate, i connect directly to my financial institution and it downloads, Imnot getting any error codes

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hi @prettykoolchick,

Thanks for providing more information!

First, I suggest deactivating all of the Navy Federal Credit Union account(s) and then reactivating them. However, before doing so, I recommend saving a backup of your data file first (just in case). Then, please check and make sure you do not have any hidden accounts that may be connected to this financial institution.

1. Go to the Accounts menu and choose Hide and Show Accounts
    2. Uncheck any accounts with this specific financial institution that are checked as hidden in Lists

After that, please follow the troubleshooting instructions below.

1. Open the account register and navigate to the Settings gear on the bottom-right corner
    2. Click on the Downloads tab
    3. Click Disconnect Account (if there are more than one account associated with this financial institution, please repeat steps 1 through 3 for each account)
    4. Navigate to Accounts > Add Account...
    5. Use the search field at the top of the list to find and select your financial institution, making sure to choose Direct Connect, and click Continue
    6. Follow the prompts to sign in using your login credentials associated with the financial institution
    7. If the accounts have been found successfully; use the dropdown menus to link each account to the appropriate account in Quicken

Please let me know the results!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• prettykoolchick
    Options

So how many times a yer, for the cost we pay, should I have to do that, its literally the 50th plus times ive had to fix an error that is clearly caused by quickens ineptitude. If its truly an issue with Navy Federal, then maybe you shouldnt offer this as an option anymore, because it get quite tiring doing this like literally 2-3 times a month.

This discussion has been closed.