"Investing.Quicken.com" website only shows total value of my portfolio — investment details are gone

Options

I am using a MacBook Air. It seems like the detail vanished at least two weeks ago.

Best Answer

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

whoa - the old problem of the "web only" user just following the Quicken "getting started" instructions -

@Farmer Pete - are you sure you are using your browser and going to the Quicken URL for Quicken On The Web ?
    This is what that browser screen looks like after you sign into Quicken On The Web ?

your comments seem to imply the actual Quicken desktop program -

Just to clarify - Are you using a Windows PC or a MAC or a phone/tablet ?

I am using an online version of Quicken Classic. In the top left corner appears Quicken Classic, followed by the headings Portfolio Analysis, Quotes & Research, Ideas, and Alerts. Below them appears Investing Home: My Portfolio.

AHHH - MYSTERY SOLVED - you are accessing the Quicken "investing" website - which tracks your investment accounts -
    https://investing.quicken.com

Again… are you saying you have NOT downloaded and installed the Quicken software on ANY computer ?
    Then how did you setup your Investment Account information with Quicken ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

Open the settings for each of your investment accounts and look at the Investment Tracking Method setting. It sounds like yours have been switched from Detailed to Simple. See if you can simply click back to Detailed; if so, you'll see all your transactions are still there. If Detailed is grayed out, then you'll need to see if your brokerage(s) have a Quicken connection method which supports detailed transactions. There are some which used to support Quicken's Direct Connect but have switched to Quicken's EWC/Quicken Connect, and may no longer provide detailed transactions downloads. If you post the name(s) of the brokerage(s), others here might have experience and be able to suggest if there are direct connection methods available.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Farmer Pete
    Options

When I open a portfolio, the names of my investments appear below "Chart you Portfolio Value" with boxes that may be checked next to them. When I check a box, nothing happens. I do not see a means to switch from simple to detailed tracking. My investments were entered manually. That is, information about them was not downloaded. When I hit "Edit this Portfolio," nothing appears.

• jacobs
    Options

@Farmer Pete Le'ts take a step back. What version of Quicken are you using?

When I open a portfolio, the names of my investments appear below "Chart you Portfolio Value" with boxes that may be checked next to them.

I'm confused, because the Portfolio view in Quicken Mac doesn't say "Chart your Portfolio Value" anywhere that I can find. Nor can I identify the checkboxes you're referring to. Nor "Edit this Portfolio". Are you possibly using the desktop Quicken Mac program? (I don't use the mobile app or web interface, but I'm wondering if that's what you're describing?)

If your transactions were manually entered and the accounts aren't connected to the financial institution for downloading, then you cannot use Simple Tacking, so my explanation above would not apply. Still, you should be able to go to Accounts > Settings and see the settings screen showing Detailed tracking is selected.

• Farmer Pete
    Farmer Pete Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Thank you for your further input. I am using an online version of Quicken Classic. In the top left corner appears Quicken Classic, followed by the headings Portfolio Analysis, Quotes & Research, Ideas, and Alerts. Below them appears Investing Home: My Portfolio.

[EDIT for reading clarity] -
    AHHH - MYSTERY SOLVED - you are accessing the Quicken "investing" website -

which tracks your investment accounts -

• jacobs
    Options

Okay, thanks for the clarification. I don’t use the web interface to Quicken, so that’s why what you described didn’t resonate with me.

The Quicken mobile app or web interface is an add-on complement to the desktop Quicken Classic program; it was never designed or intended to be used solely as an online product. Do you have Quicken installed on your Mac, and a Quicken data file somewhere on your Mac? Or are you only using the web interface to use it online?

• Farmer Pete
    Farmer Pete Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

I am only using the web interface. Nothing is loaded on my computer. Thank you for your further input.
    [EDIT for reading clarity]
    AHHH - MYSTERY SOLVED - you are accessing the Quicken "investing" website - which tracks your investment accounts -

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

whoa - the old problem of the "web only" user just following the Quicken "getting started" instructions -

@Farmer Pete - are you sure you are using your browser and going to the Quicken URL for Quicken On The Web ?
    This is what that browser screen looks like after you sign into Quicken On The Web ?

your comments seem to imply the actual Quicken desktop program -

Just to clarify - Are you using a Windows PC or a MAC or a phone/tablet ?

I am using an online version of Quicken Classic. In the top left corner appears Quicken Classic, followed by the headings Portfolio Analysis, Quotes & Research, Ideas, and Alerts. Below them appears Investing Home: My Portfolio.

Again… are you saying you have NOT downloaded and installed the Quicken software on ANY computer ?
    Then how did you setup your Investment Account information with Quicken ?

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Farmer Pete
    Farmer Pete Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

Please clarify your suggestion. My online version of Quicken Classic only provides for investment information.

[EDIT for reading clarity]

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

you are using a special Quicken website that is setup to mirror your Quicken Investment Accounts -
    there is no such thing as "Quicken Online" -
    there are some other issues here… but want to wait and get some answers to some other Q&A -

[EDIT] - have requested topic be moved to general Troubleshooting -
    as there is currently no forum category for the Quicken website - Investing.Quicken.com

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• jacobs
    Options

@Farmer Pete So just to be clear about this "online version" issue: Quicken Classic is a desktop computer program, for Mac or Windows; it needs to be downloaded and installed on a computer. It has a data file also stored on the local computer. It optionally allows users to sync their desktop data to Quicken's cloud servers, where it can then be accessed via a mobile app or web browser interface. This online cloud information is not designed to be used without a desktop file as "home base". Not all historical data is stored in the associated cloud file, and there is no backup or recovery procedure except from the desktop data file.

We now understand that you are not using Quicken Classic at all, either the desktop program or the linked web interface. You are using the investing.quicken.com website, where you set up an investment portfolio to track. I haven't heard from other users using this limited corner of the Quicken universe by itself. The subscription you're paying for wasn't intended to be used this way, but you've apparently found an interesting application of the website. Unfortunately, I have no experience with tracking a portfolio on that website because I have always tracked my investments in the Quicken desktop program. I also don't believe there is technical support for the website, since it is supposed to be ancillary to using the Quicken program. I think you'll find almost everyone else here lacks experience using the investing website in the way you are, but perhaps someone will jump in and be able to offer some help or advice. Sorry not to be able to help more; best wishes!

• Farmer Pete
    Options

Thank you for your efforts to resolve my issue. Yes, I am accessing my investment information via investing.quicken.com/investing/. "Quicken Classic" appears in the top left corner of the home page. I am using a MacBook Air and MacOS Big Sur. I have been using the Quicken program so long that I cannot remember how I started to use it. The list of applications on my computer does not include a reference to Quicken. I cannot locate a Quicken file on my computer.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

WOW - I guess we all were wondering how you even started using the Investing.Quicken.Com website -
    since it is in an obscure corner of the Quicken universe
    and usually associated with a Quicken desktop program and Quicken accounts -

just a clarification in terminology - you are NOT using the Quicken Program - but rather a special Quicken WEBSITE -

I have been using the Quicken program so long that I cannot remember how I started to use it. 

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Farmer Pete
    Options

I did use a Quicken program when I was actively trading stocks. That stopped about 25 years ago due to job requirements. I had been tracking mutual fund investments on the website. I cannot recall how I started to use the website.

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well - if you are going thru and tagging ALL the comments as - Rejected Answer - that doesn’t make us want to help anymore …

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Farmer Pete
    Options

Sorry. That was not my intention. I only meant to show that I did not yet have a solution. I will see if I can remove the rejections.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Farmer Pete,

There is currently a known issue with investing.quicken.com where many of the links are not working. You can view more details by clicking on this link. Is it possible that this known issue is causing the problem you're encountering?

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Farmer Pete
    Options

Thank you, Quicken Kristina. I look forward to the day that the links are restored.

• imagerep
    imagerep Member ✭✭
    Options

I've been having the same issue as Farmer Pete. Several weeks ago my Quicken program automatically updated as Quicken Classic Business & Personal. That was fine, but when I went to my Quicken online stock tracking site I've used for years, investing.quicken.com, my individual stock data disappeared. Overall totals of ea account still are shown and it seems to be accurate by using my Quicken program's One Step Update (Update portfolio on Investing.Quicken.com setting box) does send the date over to the web site.

So how do we get the online site back to the format it had prior, showing the individual stocks?

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

QWin - R54.16 - Win10

• Jamie965
    Jamie965 Member
    Options

All,

I'm having what sounds like the same problem as Farmer Pete and imagerep. I'm using the free online investing.quicken.com. For the last several weeks, the program only shows me the total values of my different portfolios, but none of the details. I have been using this free Quicken portfolio tracker for more than 20 years, have more than 20 years of data in the program, and like it very much. I've read the chain of comments and wanted the group to know that another person is affected by this.

To Quicken Kristina: it's not just the links that are broken. When I click on individual portfolios, all the details that used to be there (stock tickers, cost of purchase, daily gain/loss, overall gain/loss, etc.) are no longer there. I'm also unable to input any new investment data into the program. At this point, the portfolio tracker is minimally functional. Would appreciate your help very much in fixing this. I understand you don't have an exact ETA for a fix, but can you provide some general time frame.

Thanks very much!

Also, if anyone has any suggestions that might help, please comment. Thanks!

• Farmer Pete
    Options

You do have company Jamie965.

• Tiago M.
    Tiago M. Member
    Options

Same issue here. There seems to be no option but to wait for technicians to solve it. I suggest you follow Quicken Kristina's thread by clicking the ribbon on the top right.

This discussion has been closed.