How to merge two accounts

Options

For a while, every time I tried to download my transactions from my credit union, Alterna Savings, I would get the error message: “Quicken is unable to complete your request [OL-220-A]”. I found out that this error was likely caused by the financial institution, so I contacted them to report the problem. After about three months, they fixed the issue, and I can now download my transactions.

However, they are now downloaded into a new Account. The new account is named “Chequing at Alterna Savings” and the old account “101 Good Life Chequing”. How can I best correct this to ensure there is only one account?

Oddly, the opening balance ($1907.19 on 7/30/2023) of the new account is incorrect; the balance on the old account on the closest date (7/31/2023) is 1904.69 (there is no $1907.19 balance in the old account.

I really don’t care how the account is named either old name: “101 Good Life Chequing” or the new name : “Chequing at Alterna Savings”, I just want to have only one account.

Thank you.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Jean Gauthier,

I suggest following this link to access a FAQ that provides information and steps concerning merging accounts and moving transactions. It is advised to save a backup before proceeding.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Note that the FAQ is now out of date. You can now use the Move command without it asking you if you want to move each reconciled transaction.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.