Which Quicken (Windows) products support online bill pay using Direct Connect?

Options
REJones
REJones Member ✭✭
edited January 4 in Before you Buy

For many years I have been using Quicken Deluxe for online bill pay thru my bank using Direct Connect. I’ve now become aware that Quicken Deluxe is no longer being offered; presumably replaced by Quicken Classic (for Windows), which raises this question: Among all the various and current Quicken products for use with Windows, which Quicken products offer free online bill pay with Direct Connect to my bank (PNC)?

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

DC Bank Bill Pay is still supported by all of the Quicken Classic desktop editions, including Deluxe. The software itself has not changed….it's just a rebranding to help better market and distinguish between the previously branded Quicken desktop products and the newer online product (Quicken Simplifi).

BTW, I use DC Bank Bill Pay with PNC, too, and it is working quite well for me. Very few problems with it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

For Windows: Quicken Classic Starter, Quicken Classic Deluxe, Quicken Classic Premier and Quicken Classic Business & Personal are all just different editions of the same Quicken Classic software. What differentiates them is which features are turned off or on per the edition you are subscribed to.

They all are capable of using DC Bank Bill Pay with banks that support that functionality. That is how it has been for very many years and how it currently is….because there is no difference whatsoever between the old Quicken and the new Quicken Classic except for the name and logo.

It used to be that there was Quicken (Starter, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business) and Simplifi. Now they are called Quicken Classic and Quicken Simplifi. That is the only difference from before the rebranding took place. Only Quicken Classic supports DC Bank Bill Pay.

Answers

• Greg_the_Geek
    Greg_the_Geek SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Quicken Deluxe has been renamed Quicken Classic Deluxe to differentiate from Quicken Simplfi. It's still the same desktop software.

Quicken Subscription HBRP - Windows 10
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited November 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

DC Bank Bill Pay is still supported by all of the Quicken Classic desktop editions, including Deluxe. The software itself has not changed….it's just a rebranding to help better market and distinguish between the previously branded Quicken desktop products and the newer online product (Quicken Simplifi).

BTW, I use DC Bank Bill Pay with PNC, too, and it is working quite well for me. Very few problems with it.

• REJones
    REJones Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks much for the quick replies, and I infer from your answers that Quicken Classic is the only Quicken product that will support DC bill pay.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

For Windows: Quicken Classic Starter, Quicken Classic Deluxe, Quicken Classic Premier and Quicken Classic Business & Personal are all just different editions of the same Quicken Classic software. What differentiates them is which features are turned off or on per the edition you are subscribed to.

They all are capable of using DC Bank Bill Pay with banks that support that functionality. That is how it has been for very many years and how it currently is….because there is no difference whatsoever between the old Quicken and the new Quicken Classic except for the name and logo.

It used to be that there was Quicken (Starter, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business) and Simplifi. Now they are called Quicken Classic and Quicken Simplifi. That is the only difference from before the rebranding took place. Only Quicken Classic supports DC Bank Bill Pay.

• REJones
    REJones Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks Boatnmaniac. Only the Classic version is what I'll look for down the road.

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

ALL versions of Q, except Starter, support Direct Connect Bill Pay. The question is whether your bank supports it.

And all versions of Q are now called "Quicken Classic", but there's a 3rd word after Classic that differentiates the various capabilities.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

@NotACPA -

ALL versions of Q, except Starter, support Direct Connect Bill Pay.

Starter does not support DC Bank Bill Pay? I have always thought it does since I do not recall seeing anything in Quicken.com stating it doesn't. I've never used Starter, myself, so I can't speak from experience on this.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Starter edition supports Direct Connect/bill pay though it. That isn't one of its limitations (which it has a lot of, and why I don't recommend it for almost anyone).

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Sorry for the mistaken impression.

Q user since February, 1990. DOS Version 4
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription, Business & Personal
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP

• Boatnmaniac
    Options

This discussion has been closed.