No Manual Download Option for New Credit Card? - Bank of America (BOA)

Options
DX9993
DX9993 Member ✭✭

I’m trying to set up a new Bank of America credit card. I clicked “Tools -> Add Account” and typed “Bank of America”. I started out with “Best Results: Bank of America – All Other States”. That screen included “Advanced Options”, which gave me a choice between “Express Web Connect” and “Web Connect” – the latter allowing manual downloads, which I chose. But when I followed that path, I realized I was stuck in the category “Add your offline checking account.” When I backed out of that and selected “Other Results: Bank of America Credit Card”, the “Advanced Options” choice disappeared. It looks like the ONLY way to set up an account as a credit card is to give Quicken my login info.

I will probably choose “checking account” and then add my credit card if there’s NO OTHER WAY to stay with manual downloads. But then it’s not grouped with my other cards. Not sure if this will work. Obnoxious.

This is new. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any insights! (Windows 10)

Best Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @DX9993,

What do you see when you navigate to Add Account > Offline Account?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• DX9993
    DX9993 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Jasmine. This solved my problem. I guess I had blinders on. I was able to create the credit card account as an "offline" account, then download the transactions from BOA and import them into the new account. Sorry for being so dense. Thanks again to both you and Anja for your assistance

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @DX9993,

In order to use "Web Connect" manual downloads, you must log in at your financial institution's website and download your transactions via a QFX file which is then imported into Quicken.

For more detailed information and instructions on how this works, please refer to this Help Article.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• DX9993
    DX9993 Member ✭✭
    Options

Hello Anja: Thanks for the response. I know how to use Web Connect, the problem is setting up the account in Quicken to receive the data. For whatever reason the system won't let me set up a credit card for manual downloads. Only checking accounts. Could be a bug. Quicken reports I have the latest version as of today: R52.33.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @DX9993,

What do you see when you navigate to Add Account > Offline Account?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• DX9993
    DX9993 Member ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thanks Jasmine. This solved my problem. I guess I had blinders on. I was able to create the credit card account as an "offline" account, then download the transactions from BOA and import them into the new account. Sorry for being so dense. Thanks again to both you and Anja for your assistance

This discussion has been closed.