How to create next year budget with last year monthly actuals & categories

Options
BarbGB
BarbGB Member ✭✭

Using Quicken Classic Premier on desktop. The last post on this topic in 2020 addressed this:

At one time it appeared that it needed to be created by the last day of the previous year.

Does anyone know if this post works after the 1st of the new year and any other tips leading in to 2024?

I've tried many different ways over the last 20+ years and have never been able to get the monthly actuals to transfer accurately along with the actual categories..

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @BarbGB,

To answer your question, the post you are referencing is for Quicken for Mac. The option it shows is not available in Quicken for Windows. If you are wanting actuals from 2023 to reflect in a 2024 budget, then you would need to create the budget before 2023 ends (since the budget setup in Quicken for Windows does not give you the option to choose the year).

Once your budget is created, make sure you are in Annual view, then click the arrow pointing right to advance to the next year.

Once you do that, you should have a window pop up offering you choices for how you want to carry information forward.

Make sure you select the option for copying 2023 budget categories and actuals, then click OK.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• BarbGB
    BarbGB Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you. I'll try this as a test before year end. Hopefully I get what I need and I can do it again on the last day - that usually doesn't get all the year's transactions but will be close.

• BarbGB
    BarbGB Member ✭✭
    Options

On another note - does this seem like it could be an enhancement to Windows-based Quicken? Seems like if it can be done with one operating system it shouldn't be too hard to port it to another operating system. Is there a way to suggest enhancements to the Quicken team?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

If you would like to suggest product enhancements for Quicken, you are able to do that through the Product Ideas section of the Community. Please review this FAQ for additional information:

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.