Amex stopped downloading

2»

Answers

• sjadelson
    sjadelson Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I've been having this problem too for nearly a month. It started with a Citi CC, which - inexplicably - had changed to being based at American Express in the setup, and therefore wasn't able to connect. I fixed this, but no transactions downloaded. Since a few days after the November update, only ONE account out of about a dozen downloads new transactions. They all complete their connection (supposedly), but 0 transactions are downloaded. I've tried disconnect/reconnect, with no joy.

I understand software bugs, but a full month?

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod
    edited December 2023

Hello @mjonis,

Those options do not show up for all subscription tiers. Quicken Deluxe and Quicken Starter do not have those options and treat all accounts as personal accounts.

American Express not downloading/missing transactions is a known issue (the link to the Community Alert is in an earlier post). There is some troubleshooting that may help if you haven't already tried it:

1. Deactivate all the accounts associated with AMEX.
    2. Navigate to AMEX's website, (https://www.americanexpress.com/), look for third-party apps, and unlink Quicken. The steps to locate third-party apps within AMEX are below:
    3. Sign in
    4. Account Services 
    5. Security and Privacy
    6. Manage third-party permissions
    7. Revoke authorization for Quicken
    8. After the accounts are unlinked, return to Quicken, and attempt to Add the AMEX accounts by using the "+" button.
    9. Carefully relink your AMEX accounts with the corresponding Quicken accounts.
    10. Quicken for Windows ONLY:
    11. Click on "Tools"
    12. Select "Online Center"
    13. Make sure that "American Express" is selected in the account dropdown
    14. Hold CTRL + SHIFT + Click on Contact Info
    15. Click on "Reset DTStart"
    16. Perform a One Step Update. 

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• longtimebususer
    longtimebususer Quicken Windows 2017 Member

I had to change my Business cards to Personal and then "Reset Account". When the reset occurs, I have to do all the cards in one swoop or the ones I don't authorized get forgotten. After doing the reset for all cards as 'Personal' downloads start again. I can update them back to Business and it will works for multiple updates (days to weeks) but ultimately one of the Business cards will quit downloading. I then have to move all the Business cards back to Personal and Reset again. Such a pain and very repeatable from a code debugging perspective.

• Hokie Sam
    Hokie Sam Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I formerly used Quicken Home and Business and downgraded to Quicken Premium last year using the same dataset as before. I maintain two different user accounts that both use Amex credit card downloads. Neither of these have the "dropdown options" Kristina referenced above, and both show Account Intent as 'Credit'. One of the user account downloads current Amex transactions with no issue but the other does not. LOL. My Quicken version is R-53.26 updated this week. The download issue is still with us!

• siegelmichael
    siegelmichael Quicken Windows Other Unconfirmed ✭✭✭

I am having the same problem with AMEX. One card downloads, the others do not. I have multiple accounts with Chase, Fidelity and Regions Bank and they all work fine. I have tried all the steps suggested above and nothing works. Since multiple people have the same issue with AMEX, this has to be some type of software issue. This all happened at the same time, AMEX changed it's authentication process. We are going on two months now, without a resolution. I am using 27.1.53.32. This is going on to long!

• jbyrd
    jbyrd Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

EXACTLY the same problem here. Personal AmEx downloads fine, business AmEx downloads are broken.

• Unknown
    edited December 2023
    This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • Blatboy
    Blatboy Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I too have not been able to download transactions from my Amex card since last November. I have tried resetting and deactivating/reactivating multiple times to no avail. Has there been any progress made? This is a pretty serious issue now in my book keeping and overall financial sanity.

Thank you

• Blatboy

Adding to my earlier comment… I tried deactivating/activating again today… no dice.

Also, I recently added a first account with Chase, and from looking at earlier comments, it seems this would explain why none of my transactions have downloaded. This is a real problem. Especially now that I'm on a subscription plan, my expectations are pretty high to get this seemingly simple problem solved.

All my other banks/cards etc seem to be working correctly.

Thank you.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Quicken Windows Subscription Moderator mod

Hello @Blatboy,

No downloads/missing transactions is a known issue for both American Express and Chase. If you haven't done so already, I would recommend that you bookmark the Community Alerts:

If you have followed the directions in the Community Alert for Chase and the issue persists, I recommend that you reach out to Quicken Support directly for assistance. The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Jason Is Annoyed
    Jason Is Annoyed Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Same problem here. Personal AMEX is fine, but business AMEX is broken. I've completed all of the deactivating/reactivating, validating, etc. etc. nothing works. The account is connected but transactions don't download. The only way to download is manually through the website. I'm getting very tired of the constant problems. If it's not one account, it's another with problems. Hopefully this isn't broken for 6 months like the BECU connection was.

Side Note: AMEX savings has been broken forever, but care about that one too much.

• Blatboy

For the record, I called Quicken Support today. We went through my issues with Amex, and sure enough, it's still a known problem and they're "working on it." Anyone else having this problem I suggest you call quicken support 650-250-1900 and let them know… maybe it'll help keep the ball rolling on this. There was a long wait on the phone, but the person I eventually got to, James, was very helpful (at least as much as he could be being that the problem has not been fixed.)

• RobertK
    RobertK Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Hi eveyone. It's Feburary and it still isn't fixed~~!!!!!

• k8daley
    k8daley Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭
    edited February 19

I changed my AX account from BUSINESS to PERSONAL; restarted Quicken and my transactions, since November, downloaded. Jeez!

This discussion has been closed.