R53.16 - Reports Window > Investment Report Caused Crash

Options
fw6322+
fw6322+ Member, Windows Beta Beta
edited January 6 in Reports (Windows)

Was using the new Reports Window > In the Investment section >selecting investment report and Quicken crashed. Sent the crash report.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @fw6322+,

To further investigate the issue, does this happen every time you try to create an investment report, or did it happen just once? Is there any specific investment report that seems to trigger this behavior? Has Quicken crashed when doing anything else, or only when opening investment reports through the new interface? Do you run Quicken in a Virtual Machine? Which version of Windows are you using (Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11, etc)?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• fw6322+
    Options

11-17-23 8:46PM MST

The second crash occurred, and the path is Reports =⇒ Investments =⇒ Capital Gains selection caused the crash. Sent crash report.

Environment is:

Quicken is not being run on a virtual machine.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Have you restarted your computer since this issue started? If you haven't done so already, would you please try reinstalling the update patch and test if that corrects the issue? If the issue persists after reinstalling the update patch, then please restore a backup from before the issue started and test if the issue persists in the newly restored backup.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• fw6322+
    Options

Switched back to Old Reports Interface and used it for a while. Then enabled Reports & Graphs Center and Customize Reports.

This seems to have fixed the issues.

Thanks for your help!

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up and for sharing the fix,

I'm glad to hear it's working properly now.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to reach out!

Quicken Kristina

• ArtS
    ArtS Member ✭✭
    Options

There is not enough time in the day for me to list the various circumstances that causee this beast to crash. I have grown accustome to at least one crash a day. Seems like there is a fundamental flaw that needs to be resolved rather than chasing all these instances individually.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ArtS Are you having the same problem as discussed here, or is this a general complaint?

QWin Premier subscription
  • ArtS
    ArtS Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

NO it happens at all different times. The Quicken crash of for today, actually two so far, were: First, while opening my file quicken frooze after entering my password,, had to restart quicken. Second, after entering a transaction. I have not noticed a specific action that causes the numerous crashes. I have had this problem for quite a while.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ArtS

This discussion is about a specific problem with reports.

The first problem you describe may be caused by a conflict with OneDrive. If OneDrive is running on your system, please try pausing it before starting Quicken, as described in this now very long discussion.

If that does not fix it, please start a new discussion on your problem.

Also please start new discussions on any other crashes or problems you see.

QWin Premier subscription
This discussion has been closed.