How to change font color in the register for "Amount" Column

Options
mark miller
mark miller Member ✭✭✭

Added a new account and these show red in the future which is annoying. I only want to see a red font on 'balance' if in fact, in the 'red'. Read help articles and looked at font/color changes but not specific to the "Amount" column.

thanks

Best Answer

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Past or future transactions, the Amount column in your register always shows negative amounts (withdrawals, check payments, charges) in red color.
    Here's an example from my checking account register where I've added the Amount column:

Out of old habit, I only use the traditional paper checkbook columns, Payment and Deposit.
    The Amount column is a relatively new addition to the register columns. Apparently by default, new account registers show all three columns.
    IMHO, you should decide which of the three columns to use: either Payment and Deposit together or only Amount. Remove whichever column(s) you don't like to use.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @mark miller,

If you don't mind, could you please provide a screenshot as an example of what you are describing? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• mark miller
    mark miller Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Attached, but thought my explanation is clear. red font on amount column of an account register. its not like this on my other accounts, so realize a setting somewhere, just can't ID it.

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Past or future transactions, the Amount column in your register always shows negative amounts (withdrawals, check payments, charges) in red color.
    Here's an example from my checking account register where I've added the Amount column:

Out of old habit, I only use the traditional paper checkbook columns, Payment and Deposit.
    The Amount column is a relatively new addition to the register columns. Apparently by default, new account registers show all three columns.
    IMHO, you should decide which of the three columns to use: either Payment and Deposit together or only Amount. Remove whichever column(s) you don't like to use.

• mark miller
    mark miller Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

ah..i just realized, amounts isn't in my other accounts….thats why…i'll remove that.

thanks

This discussion has been closed.