Schwab not downloading - Error message says accounts were deleted

Options

For the last couple of days, transactions at Schwab and Bangor Savings Bank, a local bank, have not been downloading to my Quicken Classic Deluxe, with the error messages from Quicken stating the the various accounts I have there were deleted (they were not). The message also suggests that the file was reinstalled from a backup (it was not).

Security price updates will download.

For each account I have unlinked them and then reconnected, but that did not help.

When I did this for local savings bank, the transactions downloaded one, then returned to the error message stating that the accounts had been deleted.

Most of the time the One Step Update will hang up for an extended amount of time until I end the task in Task Manager

I have Quicken Release 52.33 installed on two separate laptops, one running on WIndows 10 version 22H2 and the newer one on the latest Windows 11.

Comments

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Lawrence Clough,

If you don’t mind, could you please provide a screenshot of the error message you described receiving? If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments. Please remember to redact any personal information as needed.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Lawrence Clough
    Options

I have followed the instructions on the "NEW 11/16/23 Charles Schwab - Missing Transactions (EWC+)" post multiple times.

Unfortunately the instruction to delete all connection permissions on the Schwab web site does not work since Schwab does not allow a change that deletes all accounts from connectivity (my wife and I have several Schwab accounts).

I have spent hours on this.

When I try to individually reset accounts on Quicken and then go to Schwab after first deleting some and then to reauthorize all accounts, the direction that comes back when I return to Quicken is to connect only a few of the accounts and disconnect the other accounts. This is crazy.

How many millions of customers do Quicken and Schwab share? Can't they talk to each other?

I would like to post a video with you of my efforts but cannot figure out how to do it. I have been a Quicken and Schwab customer for over a decade.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Lawrence Clough,

Do you mind sharing a screenshot using the instructions in my previous post? This is so that I may better assist you towards a resolution.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.