Cloud sync does not work on foreign accounts?

Adience
Adience Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

Hi my default accounts are USA accounts. I have Canadian accounts linked to my desktop version Quicken Classic, but these Canadian accounts simply don't show up on the phone app or if I log into my account in a broswer, depsite how many times I do the cloud sync.

is this simply a limitation for the cloud syncing?

Comments

• splasher
    splasher Quicken Windows Subscription SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you using Canadian Quicken? Mac or Win?

-splasher using Q continuously since 1996
    - Subscription Quicken - Win11 and QW2013 - Win11
    -Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Adience
    Adience Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭

I am using US version of Quicken Classic on Windows, hence my accounts are default USD accounts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Quicken Windows Subscription Member ✭✭✭✭

is this simply a limitation for the cloud syncing?

Yes.

If you have Quicken Windows US it only USD accounts. If you have Quicken Windows Canadian it is only CAD accounts.

IF you have Quicken Mac, it will sync all account types, but the this is "false" in the sense that Quicken Mac doesn't have real multiple currency support, only just putting a different symbol on the register. And for instance, when reporting accounts with different currencies they have them separated instead of doing any kind of conversion between currencies. Basically, since Quicken Mac doesn't really know about the currencies it just sends up the amounts to the Quicken cloud dataset which has no multiple currency support and so the numbers all just "mix".

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.