WellsFargo Update No Longer Matches Payee Fields Into Quicken

Options

After most recent update Wells Fargo downloads no longer match fields. Every "Payee" all simply say "Purchase" - The "Payee" field is not matching?

Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you haven't done so already, I'd say it's time to call Quicken Support on the phone during posted hours of operation and report this Online Banking issue. If WF makes changes, they must coordinate these changes with Intuit Inc prior to implementation. Let Support do a screen share session with you to review the situation on your computer, to determine the nature of the problem and to figure out how to fix it.

Quicken Support:

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A new Announcement regarding changes at Wells Fargo was just posted:

Changes to Wells Fargo account services (Quicken Classic for Windows and Mac)

Please review if that applies to you.

• AR2326
    AR2326 Member
    Options

I saw that announcement and it didnt help. I chatted with online he and the idiot chat hep told me I had to setup "renaming rules" for every Payee -

However EVERY transaction has the PAYEE as "PURCHASE" regardless of whether its Walamrt or Amazon or Grocery Store or whatever. There is clearly womethng wrong with the Wells Fargo new connection not macthing payee field properly. Still need help!

Thank you

• AR2326
    AR2326 Member
    Options

Please just report this and escalate this up the ladder - I am sure I am not the only one experiencing this - Wells Fargo just updated their connection process and the "Payee" field DOES NOT MATCH - Quicken needs to fix with Wells Fargo

• AR2326
    AR2326 Member
    Options

UPDATE: - I have now learned that either WelsFargo or Quicken is "adding" a LONG UGLY SPACE in the download PAYEE field which is limited to 64 characters - Consequently the download is being truncated causing the actually payee to be lost

Wells Fargo SHOWS PAYEE as follows:

PURCHASE AUTHORIZED ON 12/01 REALTOR ASSOCIATIO 312-329-8245 S463335671591987 CARD

PURCHASE AUTHORIZED ON 12/01 IN *CEO OF MT. PLE 843-7357600 SC

PAYPAL INST XFER 231201 WALMART COM ADAM RICH $63.96 $3,500.59

PURCHASE AUTHORIZED ON 11/30 SQ *BD ANTHONYS L

Adhering to the 64 character limit Quicken SHOULD download Payee as:

PURCHASE AUTHORIZED ON 12/01 REALTOR ASSOCIATIO 312-329-8245

PURCHASE AUTHORIZED ON 12/01 IN *CEO OF MT. PLE 843-7357600 SC

PAYPAL INST XFER 231201 WALMART COM ADAM RICH

PURCHASE AUTHORIZED ON 11/30 SQ *BD ANTHONYS L

HOWEVER – either WellsFargo or Quicken is adding a long ugly space creating the entry to download as:

PURCHASE AUTHORIZED ON 12/

PURCHASE AUTHORIZED ON 12/

PAYPAL INST XFER 231201

PURCHASE AUTHORIZED ON 11/3

How do I fix this? Without logging in to Wells Fargo I have no idea who the correct Payee is??!

• susanschwartz511
    Options

I'm having the same problem. Ugh.

• DeVille63
    DeVille63 Member ✭✭
    Options

I am also having the same problem.

• DeVille63
    DeVille63 Member ✭✭
    Options

I also find that initial phone contact with Quicken support is worthless as they do not seem to be Quicken users and just give you the FAQ answers with no desire to understand the details of your description of the problem.

• tdscanuck
    Options

I have this issue as well. It's not a WellsFargo issue, or at least not entirely a WellsFargo issue, because if you look on Quicken Web it is formatted just fine. It's a problem with how Quicken Windows is handling the text. Based on the fact that Quicken Web can handle it just fine, there's got to be a difference in text processing between Windows and Web.

• tdscanuck
    Options

I retract my prior comment…it was working on Quicken Web in the "floatover text" as of a few days ago. As of today it's not working on Web either. I chatted with Quicken Support about this; they had me create a new Quicken file just for testing, and reconnect to Wells Fargo, and it all imported just fine. So it's not inherently a WellsFargo issue, it's something about the interaction of the download with my existing Quicken file. We created a copy of my file, ran Validation on the copy, then reconnected the accounts (making the copy severs all the download connections). Now waiting to see if the copy file works. If that fails, Support recommended restoring a backup from before the issue started, then copy/validate that, then reconnect. Will report back on results.

• lunchbox
    lunchbox Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here! Very annoying.

• tdscanuck
    Options

Update to my December 10th comment…their fix didn't work. It downloads properly to a fresh clean Quicken file but there's something about my main file that's corrupt in a way that causes the formatting issue. Sigh.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Adhering to the 64 character limit Quicken SHOULD download Payee as:

Just for the record. For downloaded transactions the payee is restricted to 32 based on the OFX standard.

You can manually enter more into the payee field but that is the standard for downloading transaction. The memo field can be up to 256 characters.

Also, it is definitely the financial institution that is adding the extra useless information at the beginning of the payee.

Your example of:

PURCHASE AUTHORIZED ON 11/3

is 27 characters which seems odd, since it should be 32 characters, maybe some spaces at the beginning of the payee's name?

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • mshiggins
    mshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Chris_QPW is the FDX standard limited to 32 characters, too? Wells Fargo has apparently switched over to EWC+.

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the Quicken Windows FAQ list

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I have no idea because even though FDX is a standard, for you to even look at it you have to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

So, I haven't done that, there isn't any reason why I would want to look at the details of FDX if I can't tell anyone what is in it.

But from that I see, Quicken at least believes that. And it sort of makes sense that they would be the same. The same organization that is maintaining the OFX standard is maintaining the FDX. But that isn't 100% because this data also goes through the Intuit servers and the Quicken Connect Services servers, and either of them or both could "cut it down" to adhere to the OFX standards that they have programmed their data structures to.

I should also note that you can see what Quicken (the program) is getting from the Quicken Connect Services sync, by looking at the Cloud Sync Log:

Help → Contact Support → Cloud Sync Log

And the thing that strikes me when I look at that log is how closely it resembles OFX (but with a whole lot more messaging going on).

One thing though that is absolutely going to be the financial institution's fault is the sticking of that useless information at front of the payee name.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/