Recent update changed investment decimal points

Options
Mattjasmir
Mattjasmir Member, Windows Beta Beta
edited February 1 in Investing (Windows)

I have the option in Quicken preferences under Edit—>Preferences—>investments to have the extended decimal to 8 digits instead of 6. However, it appears that with the recent update to R53.16, Quicken is making everything 6 digits, despite what I have checked. I tried unchecking it, restarting, then rechecking it, restarting and entering stock data again. Still only showing 6 digits instead of 8. Please help!

Comments

• J Dayton
    J Dayton Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I have (to my great frustration) just encountered the same thing. All my crypto 8 digit transactions have been rounded to 6. This is really a problem for accurate tax reporting. Please fix this.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Mattjasmir and @J Dayton,

Due to the nature of this issue, it is recommended that you contact Quicken Support directly for further assistance as they can walk you through troubleshooting steps in real-time and escalate the situation as needed.  The Quicken Support phone number can be found through this link here. Phone support is available from 5:00 am PT to 5:00 pm PT, Monday through Friday.

I apologize that I could not be of more assistance!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• J Dayton
    J Dayton Member ✭✭
    Options

Just spent 2 hours on the phone with Quicken trying to resolve this. They have confirmed that the latest version of the product does NOT support 8 digits. Told me to post that fact here so that they could respond when it will be fixed. Also talked to them about the fact that only ^AAVEUSD crypto, in my database, is having it's price updated. Everything else (^BTCUSD, etc.) is ignored.

• DAlonso
    DAlonso Member ✭✭
    Options

Talk about messing everything up. What happens when it is fixed, is the last 2 digits still stored somewhere or is accounting going to be broken?

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

There shouldn't be any extra problems when the "display" part of this is fixed. The numbers are stored as floating point numbers not what you see.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.