One Step Update

Options

After a recent Quicken update, the One Step Update feature is no longer working. It simply freezes mid process and to shut it down, I either have to use the task manager or click on the Update Window which causes the app to shut down. I've done everything I know how to correct this and it is still freezing. Please advise.

Answers

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @Lee Wunsch,

To start with, I suggest you try signing out of your data file completely and then signing back in to refresh the registration token for your Online Connected Services. However, I do recommend that you first save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

1. Navigate to Edit
    2. Preferences...
    3. Quicken ID & Cloud accounts
    4. Click Sign in as a different user (or it might say Sign in using a different Quicken ID)
    5. Follow the prompts to Sign Out
    6. Sign back in using your Quicken ID (email) and password

Once that is done, see if the issue continues to persist.

Let us know how it goes!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• troydh
    troydh Member ✭✭
    Options

I have this exact same issue. I followed the steps above and it didn't make any difference. It's very frustrating. Any other ideas?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @troydh,

To help troubleshoot this issue, could you please provide more information? When did this issue first start happening? When you run One Step Update (OSU), do you update all of your accounts at once? Does it freeze every time you run OSU, or only sometimes? How long do you wait for it to finish before deciding it's frozen and forcing the program to close? Have you noticed if this happens when you're updating any one specific financial institution?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

• troydh
    troydh Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Quicken KristinaThis started about 3-5 days ago. It's been freezing every time. I typically have a group of accounts that I update with OSU. The normal update time is around 5-10 minutes maximum. I've let it go as long as an hour. Yesterday and today, I tried updating individual accounts and found the same results…it 'hangs.' The circle keeps spinning that the status shows "Processing Data." I'm able to access each of these accounts at their respective web sites without issue.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To check for file specific issues that may be causing this, I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.