Subscribed to Business and Personal for Mac, but not seeing the business options

Options
System
System Member admin

This discussion was created from comments split from:

Quicken for Mac: Business Accounts

Comments

• Mignon
    Mignon Member
    Options

I supposedly just subscribed to Quicken for Business for Mac today, but it is the regular Classic. When will (or how do) I receive the upgrade I paid for?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Mignon,

To see the business options, you need to update your Quicken to the latest release (7.4.1). In your Quicken, please go to Help>Check for Updates…, and update to the latest version. Once you've done that, you should have access to the business features.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• volvogirl
    volvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

All the versions including Business say CLASSIC on them. It's just a new logo to distinguish it from Quicken Simplify.

I'm staying on Quicken 2013 Premier for Windows.

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

In the main Quicken window, do you see Business in the top menu (between Home & Reports)? If so, you've got the current version and the business features — limited as they are.

I'm frustrated that the Quicken Mac product team didn't post any announcement when releasing this new version, in which they could have explained what is — and isn't — here. This is a major milestone for Quicken Mac; the legacy Quicken Mac 2007 never had business features, and users have been asking for business features since the modern Quicken Mac first came to market 9 years ago. So this should be a happy step forward for the Mac development team, and for users who have been wishing for a business version of Quicken Mac for a long time. But they needed to explain their process, so this isn't instead ridiculed as a perceived failure.

There's no invoicing, no receivables, no clients, no property management tools for rentals business. What is there? Any transaction can be assigned to a business, transactions can be categorized for business income and expenses, there's a separate business dashboard (with limited functionality), and there's a rough start on mileage tracking, which can be entered but not searched, selected, printed or exported.

The modern Quicken Mac development team has quite often added major new functionality iteratively — and I think that's what we're seeing here: the first step in a multi-step long-term project, where additional features will be added in future releases over time. This approach lets them incorporate user feedback as they continue to develop the features, and it allows them to put out a start rather than keeping it in the lab for another year or more while building the "full Cadillac" version. But they needed to explain that. Instead, longtime Quicken Windows Business & Personal users are likely to try Quicken Mac and become angry when they discover the limited business functionality doesn't match their expectations.

To me, the failure here is their marketing/management team for not being clear about what is and isn't in this first iteration of Quicken Mac Business & Personal, setting proper expectations, and promising that there are more features to come in future releases. The product development team has made a good start and just needs to keep plugging away at adding key business functionality.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
This discussion has been closed.