Reconcile to Paper Statement - charges that aren't on this statement yet?

Options
cnaz
cnaz Member

Hi, I'm a newer Quicken user and I'm choosing to "reconcile to paper statement" for my Amex transactions. I go through each transaction and check them off, but there are a handful of transactions that do NOT yet appear on this statement - they are on future statements. So, I don't "check" them for this month. The difference is obviously therefore not "ZERO". How do I save what I DID check off, and have them change to an "R" without checking off all the items? It doesn't allow me to "save" my work unless the balance is reconciled to ZERO.

Tagged:

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @cnaz,

Based on what you are describing, it sounds like either the date range you're putting into Quicken doesn't match the statement date range (which would cause transactions that aren't on that statement to reflect on the Quicken side), or there is a slight difference between the posting date on the financial institution side and what shows in your Quicken.

When you are setting up the reconcile, are you making sure that the statement ending date you are putting into Quicken is the last day of that statement cycle?

Once you've verified that is correct, you may want to double check that the posting dates on the statement match the posting dates in Quicken.

If the issue persists after you have verified that information is correct, then please provide more detail exactly what is happening so I can better assist. Providing screenshots (with personal information redacted) is also helpful. If needed, please refer to this Community FAQ for instructions on how to attach a screenshot. Alternatively, you can also drag and drop screenshots to your response if you are not given the option to add attachments.

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.