quicken online services not unavailable at this time. Wait ten minutes

Options

Why can't this message be fixed? I've been sitting around for two days waiting for Quicken to fix their systems, when what I really needed to do was disconnect from my Quicken account and reconnect,

Harry

Best Answer

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I had been experiencing this same issue and error message for the last 2-3 days, as well but only with 2 of my 7 data files. The other 5 data files have been problem-free.

I was thinking it was just something specific to me since I hadn't seen other posts about it but now I know it is not just me.

At first I tried signing into Quicken, signing in as a different user and Reset Cloud Account. Sometimes it worked…for a short while…before the problem occurred, again. Other times I could not reestablish the connection with the Quicken servers so I would just try, try and try again until the connection was restored….only to eventually fail again.

What I did last night that appears to have fixed this issue:

1. File > New Quicken File: You might be prompted to sign into Quicken using your Quicken ID and PW.
    2. Name the new file TEST.
    3. No need to set up any accounts but do enable Sync for Mobile and Web.
    4. Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID and Cloud Accounts > Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID > select the Cloud Account Name associated with your main data File Name > Delete > YES > Delete > Close > OK.
    5. Open your main data file. You will likely be prompted to sign into Quicken using your Quicken ID and PW. This process will cause Quicken to create a new Cloud Account for this file.

After I did this I stopped getting this popup message.

But I found this morning that all EWC and EWC+ connected accounts would not update during OSU nor Update Now. OSU would start properly and would show that the update process was occurring but very quickly the update process ended. No error message was received but these accounts did not update.

What I did then was to do Reset Account for each of the EWC and EWC+ accounts. This set up the connections, again, as if they were new connections. So I needed to be careful to Link the downloads to the correct accounts already in Quicken.

Since then I have opened/closed multiple data files, opened/closed Quicken and run OSU and Update Now several time. So far, I have had no more issues. Keeping my fingers crossed.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @26@harrich,

Are you still experiencing issues and receiving this error message?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• Boatnmaniac
    Answer ✓
    Options

I had been experiencing this same issue and error message for the last 2-3 days, as well but only with 2 of my 7 data files. The other 5 data files have been problem-free.

I was thinking it was just something specific to me since I hadn't seen other posts about it but now I know it is not just me.

At first I tried signing into Quicken, signing in as a different user and Reset Cloud Account. Sometimes it worked…for a short while…before the problem occurred, again. Other times I could not reestablish the connection with the Quicken servers so I would just try, try and try again until the connection was restored….only to eventually fail again.

What I did last night that appears to have fixed this issue:

1. File > New Quicken File: You might be prompted to sign into Quicken using your Quicken ID and PW.
    2. Name the new file TEST.
    3. No need to set up any accounts but do enable Sync for Mobile and Web.
    4. Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID and Cloud Accounts > Cloud accounts associated with this Quicken ID > select the Cloud Account Name associated with your main data File Name > Delete > YES > Delete > Close > OK.
    5. Open your main data file. You will likely be prompted to sign into Quicken using your Quicken ID and PW. This process will cause Quicken to create a new Cloud Account for this file.

After I did this I stopped getting this popup message.

But I found this morning that all EWC and EWC+ connected accounts would not update during OSU nor Update Now. OSU would start properly and would show that the update process was occurring but very quickly the update process ended. No error message was received but these accounts did not update.

What I did then was to do Reset Account for each of the EWC and EWC+ accounts. This set up the connections, again, as if they were new connections. So I needed to be careful to Link the downloads to the correct accounts already in Quicken.

Since then I have opened/closed multiple data files, opened/closed Quicken and run OSU and Update Now several time. So far, I have had no more issues. Keeping my fingers crossed.

• 26@harrich
    26@harrich Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks. My issue doesn't appear to be as complex as yours, as I only had to recover from a single failure. I have gone through procedures like yours in the past and will keep them in mind for the future. My main gripe was that the error message gave me no hint that I was experiencing a problem I could clear up.

Harry
  • Boatnmaniac
    Options

Quicken did provide a solution for a simple "server is unavailable" issue: Wait 10 minutes and try again. And that usually works pretty well if it's just a temporarily busy server or Internet connection issue.

However, when the issue is more complex like this one was there is no simple fix that can be put into a popup. Those popup messages are mostly designed to advise that an issue was encountered and what the basic issue was, not to lay out all of the possible root causes and possible fixes. Then, when appropriate, we need to start the troubleshooting process via Quicken Support (web, Chat, Phone), Quicken Help and/or Quicken Community. They are all great resources when deeper dives into an issue need to be done.

In this particular case (at least for me), it appears the cause was the Cloud Account got corrupted so it could not communicate properly with the server. Sometimes doing something simple like Sign in as a different user or Reset your Cloud Account will resolve Cloud Account corruptions. But other times it requires a more extreme measure like deleting the Cloud Account entirely and then letting Quicken rebuild it from scratch. In my case, deleting the Cloud Account was necessary because the other steps did not resolve the issue, so that is what I posted.

This discussion has been closed.