Stock prices not downloading

Options
garymc98
garymc98 Member ✭✭
edited January 11 in Investing (Windows)

12-6-23 not all of my stock prices downloaded. 12-7-23 some of the same and some different stocks did not download prices. These are not oddball things. Metlife, 3M, Raytheon, Emerson Electric, AT&T, etc. Using Windows Quicken Classic Premier, latest version as of 12-7-23.

Comments

• tbone100
    tbone100 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem here.

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Me too.

• doddsjzi
    doddsjzi Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

Quicken has stopped downloading18 of 21 stock quotes—noticed this after the last update. No trouble downloading mutual fund and ETF quotes. All the stocks are checked to download prices in the security list. I use Quicken Classic Deluxe with Release R53.16 and Windows 11. Is this happening to anyone else? Any suggestions?

• doddsjzi
    doddsjzi Unconfirmed, Member
    Options

I revalidated my QDF file and this evening all quotes downloaded.

• swehn
    swehn Member
    Options

So, what's the answer to the above questions? Without answers this whole exercise seems to be useless. I expect better from Quicken. I have used Quicken for the past 30 years and am somewhat disillusioned by all of this.

• Steven
    Steven Member ✭✭
    Options

The stock prices are being downloaded and are correct for the day. What seems to be missing is the price change in many of the stock quotes. No green or red arrows seen for many of the quotes. At least that is how my update is working. For me this issue started today. Bank downloads seem to be ok and correct. I would recommend not to try to fix anything yet. Give Quicken a chance to straighten it out.

• wmagill3
    wmagill3 Member ✭✭
    Options

Same problem for last two days….

• Tom Young
    Tom Young SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Please fix this.

• Melvinf
    Melvinf Member
    Options

since very early December many stock price quotes are not updating and show 0.00 for daily price change. The total value of shares owned is updating but not daily price change. Tried updating same date several times with no change in results. Using windows classic. checked securities list and all owned stocks are properly marked to receive updates.

• dshannaaz
    Options

Same problem. Price updates not working for some securities. Mutual funds seem OK. The prices show that the price was not updated, but it was. However, it changes the prior day so history is corrupted. First saw this on 12/7.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• jaxgab
    jaxgab Member ✭✭
    Options

I was going to call Quicken support about this problem on Monday but I see this problem (stock prices not correctly downloading) is being experienced by many other users. Aggravating when you need to start manually updating stock prices manually every day.

• jyeganeh
    jyeganeh Member ✭✭
    Options

Indeed. This is a problem that first showed up for some ETFs a few weeks ago. Now it is showing up for some but not all stocks. The issue seems to be that when you go in and update quotes, Quicken is updating the last night's close correctly, but then also updating the previous night's quote to that night's close. So if on 12/5 the stock closed at $75, the 12/5 price reads correctly as $75. But then 12/4 is updated for some inexplicable reason to $75 as well. So the overall 12/5 portfolio value will be right and since 12/4's price was changed incorrectly, the 12/4 portfolio value will be wrong. Some individual positions on 12/5 will show zero change because the 12/4 prices are now wrong and, again, if you want to go back to look at your 12/4 portfolio value it will be wrong. This problem does not occur for all stocks just some and it occurs consistently with those same stocks.

Quicken usually likes to blame the users, and I have found over the decades that virtually all problems are Quicken's fault. That is the reality. Something on their end is changed, they do bad and no integration testing, roll out the change to users and then users end up complaining. As usual, they will eventually figure out what the problem is and fix it, having blamed their customers for days, weeks, months. The bad price issue I had with some EFTs magically disappeared, then a week later the same issue mysteriously appeared with some, not all, stocks. My guess is that this problem will magically disappear in a couple weeks.

• mtbdog
    mtbdog Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Happening to me, too. R53.16. Windows 11. Validating didn't help. Gonna try to find earlier version and see if rolling back helps.

• Jim_Harman
    Jim_Harman SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

Let's do some troubleshooting to see if we can help Quicken narrow down this problem.

With this problem, are all the recent historic prices for affected securities off by one day, or are the wrong prices corrected 2 days later?

For example, say updating quotes on Wednesday evening causes the prices previously recorded for Tuesday to be changed to the Wednesday closing price. If you don't correct the Tuesday price and update again on Thursday, is the price recorded for Tuesday still wrong, or is it corrected?

Also does it matter what time of day you do the update? For example, if you update quotes on Wednesday morning before the markets open, does it change previously recorded Tuesday closing prices? Does it change Monday prices?

For Premier and up users, please go to Edit > Preferences > Investing and see if the the Real time quotes box is checked. Does the problem change or go away if you un-check that box?

BTW the main discussion of this issue is here

QWin Premier subscription
  • mtbdog
    mtbdog Member ✭✭
    edited December 2023
    Options

I fixed it by rolling back to the prior release.

At the following link you will find Mondo Patches for the current and every prior release going back to Release 2.1. I downloaded and installed Release 52.33. All quotes are now downloading.

This is what I always do whenever Quicken sends out a funky update.

https://www.quicknperlwiz.com/quicken-subscription-patches.html

• wmagill3
    wmagill3 Member ✭✭
    Options

New update to Quicken this morning (12/11/23) to R53.26 and problem appears to have been resolved.

This discussion has been closed.