Show Cents in 1-Month Budget View (Q Mac)

Options
DJS22867
DJS22867 Member ✭✭

I'm a longtime QWindows user coming over to QMac (Quicken Classic Deluxe v7.4.2, Build 704.51578.100, macOS 14.1.2).

Is there a way to show cents in the 1-Month budget view? I checked off the "show cents" option in the settings and while it worked for the full-year budget view, the 1-Month budget view continues to round to the nearest dollar.

Thanks! 😊

Answers

• jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Options

The 1-month budget view in Quicken Mac is some very old code from the original development effort for a modern Quicken Mac more than a decade ago; the developers have not revisited this screen to make changes. It seems unlikely to me that they will do so until they do a planned significant overhaul of the entire budget section of Quicken Mac.

Since budgets are planning tools to keep you on track to your targets, to me a tiny bit of rounding to the nearest dollar feels inconsequential. I'm just curious why it matters to you.

Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, though we apologize that you are experiencing this.

We have forwarded this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. In the meantime, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem and submit a problem report with log files attached and (if you are willing) a sanitized copy of your data file in order to contribute to the investigation.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience!

Thank you.    

(CTP-8423)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.