How to I save a bank reconciliation report to retrieve later?

Options
ptladasue
ptladasue Member ✭✭
edited January 12 in Reports (Windows)

When I complete a bank reconciliation, it asks if I want to save the report, I check yes and give it a name. Later when I go to retrieve the report there is no information in the report. What did I not do to save the report correctly?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @ptladasue,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide more information? After you checked yes and gave the report a name, did you get a prompt like the sample image below?

If so, did you choose to print to a printer, or export the file? Which file format did you use?

If you did not get a prompt like that, could you describe what did happen, or provide a screenshot (with personal information redacted), if possible?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

It sounds like you think Quicken is going to save the report inside of Quicken. It isn't. You need to save it to an external file or print it out. When you save a report in Quicken you are saving a customized version of the "template" for creating a new report. Like you might customize a report to only have certain categories in it, and when you go to run that save report it loads in that customized report template, but runs a new report on whatever data is now in Quicken.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/

Answers

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @ptladasue,

To assist with this issue, could you please provide more information? After you checked yes and gave the report a name, did you get a prompt like the sample image below?

If so, did you choose to print to a printer, or export the file? Which file format did you use?

If you did not get a prompt like that, could you describe what did happen, or provide a screenshot (with personal information redacted), if possible?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

It sounds like you think Quicken is going to save the report inside of Quicken. It isn't. You need to save it to an external file or print it out. When you save a report in Quicken you are saving a customized version of the "template" for creating a new report. Like you might customize a report to only have certain categories in it, and when you go to run that save report it loads in that customized report template, but runs a new report on whatever data is now in Quicken.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ptladasue
    ptladasue Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks to Quicken Kristina and Chris_QPW for responding to my question about saving a bank reconciliation report. I appreciate your quick response and explaining the options of either printing or exporting the report.

ptladasue

This discussion has been closed.