Tip regarding brokerage accounts not present in the Add/Link screen when re-authorizing Fidelity

Options

This tip is related to a known issue that @Quicken Anja posted about here:

When I reauthorized my Fidelity accounts, it was quite frustrating that I couldn't link any of the brokerage accounts to existing accounts, and I felt like I had no choice but to create "new" accounts in Quicken.

However, I didn't do that for one of the accounts, and I found that when I deactivated the online services for that account, and then went through the re-authorization process, that Fidelity account then appeared as a choice to "link to existing account".

So it seems that if you haven't gone through the re-authorization process yet for Fidelity, then deactivating online services for your existing Fidelity brokerage accounts will allow you to link them when you re-authorize and arrive at the Add/Link screen.

If you have already "added" new accounts in Quicken, this process worked for me:

• Make a note of the names "new" Fidelity accounts that were created in Quicken
  • Deactivate online services ALL your Fidelity brokerage accounts (both the ones that existed before the re-authorization and the ones that were newly created)
  • Under the Investing section, right-click on any Fidelity brokerage account and choose "Edit/Delete account"
  • Click on the "Online Services" tab
  • Click "Set up now" button
  • All Fidelity accounts will be available for linking. Link to the accounts that existed before the re-authorization (you will know which ones they are because you made a note of the names of the "new" Fidelity accounts)

Once this process finished, I confirmed that new transactions are downloading to the pre-existing Fidelity accounts, and deleted the newly created ones.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.