RBC stopped updating OL-294-A

Options
DOgo
DOgo Member ✭✭

You closed an earlier discussion but the problem persists and is a QUICKEN problem, not a log in one.

Comments

• bethunch
    bethunch Member ✭✭
    Options

Still getting OL-294-A. My last successful update was 12/3 7:28 am., and I update daily. Can you give us the status on this? it would be very helpful to at least know periodically what's happening with the issue. Thanks!

• MikeZNC
    MikeZNC Member ✭✭
    Options

Again, having problems connecting to RBC Wealth Mgt, and downloading data. Getting error OL-294-A. This seems to happen every couple of months between RBC and Quicken. Not sure what the problem is, but both seem to always point the finger at the other.

This has been going on again for the past 3/4 days. The last time in October it was several weeks before it was every resolved.

I have used Quicken for over 20 years and have never had the connection issues I have experienced during this past year.

Beginning to wonder if it's worth all of the problems to continue using Quicken.

• LG6280
    LG6280 Member
    Options

I am also having this issue downloading information from RBC Wealth Management OL-294-A. Last successful download was 2 Dec 2023. I have tried to download transactions several times since then without any success. Please provide update or resolution actions.

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

We will be forwarding this issue to the proper channels to have this further investigated. However, we request that you please navigate to Help > Report a problem within your Quicken program and submit a problem report with log files and screenshots attached in order to contribute to the investigation. It would also aid the investigation to include a sanitized file when submitting the problem report. A sanitized file is a data file that removes personally identifiable information so you can comfortably share this file with the Quicken team.

While you will not receive a response through this submission, these reports will help our teams in further investigating the issue. The more problem reports we receive, the better.

We apologize for any inconvenience in the meantime! Thank you.

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• MikeZNC
    MikeZNC Member ✭✭
    Options

Problem continues, spent an hour on the phone with Quicken Support yesterday. As usual they want to walk your through all the trouble shooting steps you have already done a dozen times. Also, Quicken Tech would not acknowledge that Quicken was having a connection problem with RBC Wealth Mgt. Then after almost a hour on phone with Quicken Support while having been put on hold, the phone call and screen share were both dropped. No, I never got a call back. I just gave up, the chances of me getting back to the same Tech I had had, would be about zero.

I did upload a copy of my files.

Lastly, I called RBC Wealth Mgt and their Tech told me that they absolutely were having a connection issue with Quicken, but for some reason it is only affecting on certain accounts. He said that their powers to be, are working on it "With Quicken" but currently don't know what the problem is.

• tabasco
    tabasco Member ✭✭
    Options

I get OL-294-A error, consistently for over a week, I've submitted the logs files and screen shot. Nothing has been acknowledged, nor improved.

• CardioDad
    CardioDad Member ✭✭
    Options

I am having identical problems OL-294 as MikeZNC, bethunch, and others. Bottom line for this post > I was able to reconnect my non-IRA investment accounts at RBC successfully, but the process failed when trying to re-establish transaction downloads for my IRA accounts. I have 2 non-IRA investment accounts and 4 IRA accounts at RBC

To rewind .. I did reboot, validated quicken file (no errors), refreshed financial institution (Ctrl-F3 Contact Info/etc), did "Reset" on each account (no success), and then removed online connection setup from all 6 accounts. Then exited Quicken and restarted. Then went through process of adding/re-establishing transaction downloads. The process does retrieve the RBC account list, and it does allow re-linking to my existing 6 Quicken accounts, but it fails in "initial" transaction download process after that. (after the error, my 6 accounts are all set up for transaction download, but OL-294-A when trying to update transactions).

FYI, I did create a new Quicken file with nothing in it … went thru this same process to add my accounts and link for transaction downloads .. had the same failure.

After failing at this, I unlinked all 6 accounts (removed transaction download setup again) … then, for some reason, I decided to try one-at-a-time. The first two I tried were my non-IRA investment accounts, and THEY WORKED~! No errors during transaction download updates. But the OL-294-A failure occurs whenever I set up transaction downloads for any one of my 4 IRA accounts. Each of those 4 accounts fails when added one-by-one.

So hopefully that info might help someone troubleshoot the RBC/Quicken problem. In my case, at least, it appears there is an issue with downloading transactions for retirement/IRA accounts, but no problems with my 2 non-IRA investment accounts.

• lmg@
    lmg@ Member
    Options

I too have been having issues this past week.

I was just able to download both taxable and tax-advantaged accounts. It's 20:09 EST on 12/10/2023. Give it a try.

• turnerje
    turnerje Member
    Options

I just tried the download and update of transactions and it worked for me also.

• MikeZNC
    MikeZNC Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the several updates last night.

I too, was also able up update all of my RBC Wealth Mgt accounts this morning.

I guess somebody figured out what was going on!

Let's hope it keeps working correctly.

• bethunch
    bethunch Member ✭✭
    Options

Problem has reappeared; 12/14, 0625h, had exactly the same error, OL-294-a.

• MikeZNC
    MikeZNC Member ✭✭
    Options

Here we go again!!!!!!!!!!

Once again Quicken and RBC Wealth Mgt are not communicating with each other. (OL-294-A)

Very Frustrating

• bethunch
    bethunch Member ✭✭
    Options

I did just submit the error report; thanks for making that process as easy as it turned out to be. Having been put off a bit by Anja's detailing of what should be included, it was great to find out that the reporting screen makes that insanely easy; very helpful!

• turnerje
    turnerje Member
    Options

Just tried to download today and yes the problem has returned. I submitted a new error report.

• tabasco
    tabasco Member ✭✭
    Options

it's happened again, OL294-A. After the most recent Quicken download, I was able to successfully download the past 2 weeks of data. The next day, the same error. I've reported this 2x on the "Report A Problem" link. Quicken Classic Premier/Windows 10/VMWare Fusion virtual machine on MAC OSX Ventura 13.6.1

• CardioDad
    CardioDad Member ✭✭
    Options

For me, as well … OL-294-A, just like last week, but this morning (12/15 at 8:25 CST) is has RESOLVED and downloads are working normally from RBC now.

• Quicken Janean
    Quicken Janean Moderator admin
    Options

Hi All, Can you please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue? Thanks!

Quicken Janean

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• CardioDad
    CardioDad Member ✭✭
    Options

as noted in my post early this morning, the recurring issue is currently resolved for me. RBC downloads are normal now. Thanks.

• tabasco
    tabasco Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Janean, thanks for checking in. I've just now downloaded successfully.. Happy

• MikeZNC
    MikeZNC Member ✭✭
    Options

Once Again,

Quicken and RBC Wealth Mgt, OL-294-A error this morning.

Wondering if Quicken and RBC will ever resolve this issue.

• CardioDad
    CardioDad Member ✭✭
    Options

Yep, continuing to have OL-294-A error again from RBC — all day today and still not working as of this evening

• CardioDad
    CardioDad Member ✭✭
    Options

Downloaded with no error this morning (8am CST)

• MikeZNC
    MikeZNC Member ✭✭
    Options

I was also able to log in and download RBC this morning.

• CardioDad
    CardioDad Member ✭✭
    Options

OL-294-A error again from RBC (1pm CST) while my other Direct Connect accounts downloaded fine … as did all my Express Web Connect (EWC) and EWC+ accounts.

• MikeZNC
    MikeZNC Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, CardioDad. I too am getting the OL-294-A error once again from Quicken connecting to RBC Wealth Management.

This is ridiculous! This has been going on and off for months now.

Here we are at year end and can't reconcile the numbers.

Thoroughly, disgusted with Quicken.

• CardioDad
    CardioDad Member ✭✭
    Options

RBC downloads working again … 10 pm CST.

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

You should be discussed with RBC not Quicken. This is a direct Connection between Quicken (the program) and RBC. Since Quicken hasn't changed that only leave RBC, that is going up and down so frequently. Note that when using Direct Connect Quicken connects to the RBC server using the OFX protocol, to their server that is running the OFX server software. Since this OFX server software isn't the "website" they can be taking that server down and not affecting the main webservers.

Signature:
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • MikeZNC
    MikeZNC Member ✭✭
    Options

Once Again, OL-294-A error

Quicken and RBC Wealth Mgt not communicating with each other. 1/9/2024

And yes, Chris_QPW, I have been talking with and complaining to RBC also!

• ks426
    ks426 Member ✭✭
    Options

Just posted on another string about this. I am getting this same issues OL-294-A error. (Quicken Home & Business - Windows)

Contacted RBC immediately - no issues on their end - it's a Quicken thing.

Reported the Problem through Quicken program, too.

Get this fixed!

• Powershow
    Powershow Member
    Options

Same problem here. At the moment, I dont even get to the error code. I ask for the transaction download, it asks for a password. I enter the password. Then it says I need to enter the password for RBC but no other option except to press OK. This takes me back to the place I already entered the password. I know the password is correct because I can access RBC website with no issues. Whats the deal here?

This discussion has been closed.