citibank error CC-502

Options
Procopio
Procopio Member ✭✭✭

I searched for "citibank error CC-502", and I see that lots of people have had this happen. But there hasn't been a real solution.

About a month ago I started getting this error, but only on this one citi account. I have another citi account that updates just fine.

I'm on Quicken Classic Deluxe, version R53.26. On Windows.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @Procopio,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, you can bookmark this Community Alert to get updates when available and to know when the issue is resolved. If you do not see the bookmark icon at the upper right, please make sure you are logged into the Community.

If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend trying the work around in the Community Alert. If that doesn't work and the account is a credit card account, another option is to backup your file, deactivate the account, then reconnect it by going to Tools>Add Account, search for Citi Cards, click advanced options, select Direct Connect, and follow the prompts. This FAQ provides more information.

Thank you!

(Ticket #9363109/CTP-3605)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• Procopio
    Procopio Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Kristina, thank you for your response.

The work around in the Community Alert is to disable 2-factor authentication, but I don't have 2FA set up, so that can't be it.

When I try to setup Direct Connect, there is no Direct Connect, see screenshot. When I try to connect via Express Web Connect, I get the CC-502 error.

I have another account at Citi, with a different username and password, and that account is connected with Express Web Connect and works fine. So I'm thinking there must be a problem with just this one account. Do you have any more ideas?

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

The Direct Connect option works only for credit cards. If this is a credit card account, then to get the Direct Connect option, you would need to search for Citi Cards, not citibank.

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Procopio
    Procopio Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Ok, I searched for citi cards, clicked Advanced Options, and now I see the Direct Connect option. But it doesn't work. When I put in my login info, I get this:

This makes it look like I don't have login info for citi cards, but I do. When I click the Sign Up Now button, it takes me to citi.com, which I already have a login for and that login is working fine. Clicking the Citi Cards Customer Support link also takes me to citi.com.

All this was working just a month ago. And it still is working on another citi account I have.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

Connecting via Direct Connect does require going through an authorization process on Citi's website. Unless they've recently updated their website, the instructions from this FAQ should still be correct:

Log into your Citibank account on their website and select Profile-> More Settings.

Then select Manage Desktop Apps -> Add Access ->Continue

This will give you 10 minutes to log in from the Quicken add account dialogs. 

Note: If you already see Quicken showing as authorized on the financial institution side, you may need to delete and re-add it to get it to work.

I hope this helps!

Quicken Kristina

• Procopio
    Procopio Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Nope, no difference. When I go to Manage Desktop Apps > Add Access, I get the 10 minute timer, but Quicken still cannot connect. I get the same errors described above for Express Web Connect (502 error) and for Direct Connect (my 3rd screenshot above).

Any more ideas?

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @Procopio,

Unfortunately, if these steps did not resolve the issue then we suggest continuing to monitor the alert until it has been resolved.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• RL108
    RL108 Member
    Options

Any update on this issue? (Ticket #: 9363109)

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @RL108,

There have not been any updates yet. If you haven't done so already, I recommend that you bookmark the Community Alert linked in my earlier post:

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.