Shares Transfer

Options
ZQkn
ZQkn Member ✭✭
edited December 2023 in Investments

Please change how Shares Transfer is recorded within the program.

Currently, it is recorded as Share Added or Shares Removed. The heading is confusing. It implies that shares were removed toward or added from an account that isn't monitored by the program. While the intention could be transferring shares between accounts in the program.

Tagged:
1 votes

Reviewed · Last Updated

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Options

Hello @ZQkn,

I went ahead and changed your post to an Idea so other users who have the same or a similar request can vote on your idea by clicking the up arrow (see below).

Ideas are also reviewed by our Development and Product teams in order to improve Quicken and implement new features requested by customers.

Thank you!

-Quicken Anja
    Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• q_lurker
    q_lurker SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ZQkn

I suggest you try to strengthen your case. The current implementation includes a Memo field explanation that this was a transfer (XFR) to a specific account. Beyond the implication you read into the recorded transactions, are there other problems inherent in the current implementation?

As I see it, the Shares Transferred feature was an add-on that made use of existing built-in investment account transactions. To restructure the feature around some newer type of investment transaction might require a substantial programming effort. Thus, as I see it, some more compelling that an implication would be needed to justify the programming effort.

• ZQkn
    ZQkn Member ✭✭
    Options

Please see attached screen shots. What I was referring to is this popup window when one selects Edit command. I do see in the Memo field mentioning where the money was transferred. But Memo fields are always carrying info of secondary importance and easily can be missed. The important is what is at the top of the windows. It describes the Action that was used, but in a misleading way. In my case, the shares weren't just removed but transferred.

Also, the same happens in the transactions list. The action is described as "Removed".

It is outside of my purview to judge how complicated the implementation could be. I am just giving feedback as a user. Perhaps, other users would comment as well, one way or another.
    Thank you.