Ally Bank Investments not downloading

Options

Running on Windows PC, quicken version R53.26. About 2 weeks ago my stock investments at Ally Invest quit updating. No error message. Everything just shows 0. Tried deleting account and then adding it, same result. Tracking method is simple positions only. 2 other Ally Bank accounts update fine. Only having trouble with investment account.

Answers

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @margin5,

This could be an issue with the connection between Ally Bank and Quicken. It sounds like you have already tried some troubleshooting steps, please follow the instructions below and let me know how it goes.

First, backup your Quicken file.

1. Open the Account List in Quicken (Tools > Account List OR Ctrl + A)
    2. If present, select the Show Hidden Accounts checkbox at the bottom of the Account List
    3. Edit each account with this financial institution to Deactivate (or Remove From One Step Update) on the Online Services tab
    4. Click on the General tab and remove any info displayed in the Financial Institution, and Account/Routing Number fields. Note: The account must be deactivated first before these fields can be edited.
    5. When finished, close the Account List
    6. Close, then re-open Quicken
    7. Navigate to Tools > Add Account 
    8. Walkthrough this process as if you were going to add a new account, providing the login credentials and answering any security questions/processes presented until you reach the screen where Quicken displays the Accounts Discovered at the financial institution
    9. Very carefully LINK each of the found accounts to the appropriate account you already have set up in Quicken.

Once that is done, see if the issue still continues to persist.

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• margin5
    margin5 Member ✭✭
    Options

tried what you suggested to no avail. I ended up adding the Ally Invest acct manually (i.e. share price, shares) and will live with that. Seems like Quicken won't pick up the data for my Ally Invest account. Picks up all my other Ally banking accounts fine.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @margin5,

What is your connection method with your Ally Bank Investment account(s)? You can see the connection method by navigating to Tools > Account List.

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

• margin5
    margin5 Member ✭✭
    Options

Express Web Connect

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

To clarify, your initial post indicated that the account was in your Quicken and had been working; in a later post you said that you added the account manually. Did you create a new account to track activity manually, or was the investment account not previously connected?

Are you using the same connection option in Quicken for the investment account as you are for the other Ally accounts? If not, which connection(s) have you tried?

I look forward to your reply!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• margin5
    margin5 Member ✭✭
    Options

once the acct stopped working it zeroed out all my stock positions so I input them in manually. I have 5 other Ally accounts all using Express Connect.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

If you want to continue troubleshooting the investment account, the next step I would recommend is backup your Quicken file and try adding it as a new account, without linking it to the manual account or any other existing account. That tests for file specific issues impacting the existing account.

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• margin5
    margin5 Member ✭✭
    Options

I've tried that previously. I don’t want to pursue any further.

Thanks

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

If you decide you'd like to pursue the issue further later, feel free to reach back out!

Thank you.

Quicken Kristina

• Quicken Jasmine
    Quicken Jasmine Moderator mod
    Options

Hello All,

Please be aware of this FAQ regarding Ally Bank and downloading transactions.

Thank you!

-Quicken Jasmine

This discussion has been closed.