Navy Federal and USAA Visa

Options

This problem continues. Quicken for Windows.

When I update my NavFed accounts, my USAA Visa account is also updated. Not a problem if I've already made all necessary entries for USAA, but if not, I have a bunch of 'new' records.

Comments

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Hello @FormerHostage,

To assist with this issue, please provide more information. When did you first notice this issue? Are there any other financial institutions updating without being selected? When you update NavFed accounts, are you using One Step Update and deselecting every other financial institution, or are you using the Update Now option under the settings gear in the register?

I look forward to your response!

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

• FormerHostage
    Options

First started 3 or 4 months ago. No other institutions but only happens when I update NavFed. When I update USAA, NavFed is not affected.

I use the Update Now option.

• Quicken Jasmine
    Options

Hello @FormerHostage,

Do you receive any error codes or messages when this occurs? Do you have multiple accounts with NavFed and USAA?

Thanks!

-Quicken Jasmine

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round-up of your top posts.

• FormerHostage
    FormerHostage Member ✭✭
    Options

Negative on codes or messages. Only savings, checking and money market with NavFed. Only VISA with USAA.

• FormerHostage
    FormerHostage Member ✭✭
    Options

FYI. I just did an update of my USAA Visa account. Even though no updates were downloaded for the NFCU accounts, the checking still showed a blue meatball in the Accounts list.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your replies,

To clarify, when you say no updates were downloaded for NFCU accounts, do you mean you did not select that account for update (but it updated anyway), or do you mean it was showing up on the One Step Update Summary page and shows 0 new transactions?

Thank you!

Quicken Kristina

• FormerHostage
    FormerHostage Member ✭✭
    Options

I did not select that account. I updated only the USAA Visa and the NFCU account 'appeared' to update (the blue meatball) but no records were actually downloaded… even though some existed as I verified later.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Options

Thank you for your reply,

This issue may be a file specific problem. I suggest that you try validating and/or super validating your data file.  Please save a backup file prior to performing these steps.

Validate: 

1. File
    2. Validate and Repair File...
    3. Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, proceed to Super Validate. If the issue is resolved after performing validation, then please disregard the instructions to Super Validate.

Super Validate:

1. File
    2. Hold CTRL + Shift and click Validate and Repair File...
    3. Super Validate File
    4. Click OK
    5. Close the Data Log
    6. Close Quicken (leave it closed for at least 5 secs)
    7. Reopen Quicken and see if the issue persists.   

Let me know how it goes!

Quicken Kristina

• FormerHostage
    FormerHostage Member ✭✭
    Options

I'd done this previously and it didn't work, however, I will try again and let you know.

• FormerHostage
    FormerHostage Member ✭✭
    Options

Now neither NFCU nor USAA will update. Nothing after 01/14 downloads for NFCU, nothing after 01/19 for USAA.

• FormerHostage
    FormerHostage Member ✭✭
    Options

I tried to deactivate and set up one step update again for the accounts. The set up didn't download the previously mentioned transactions BUT did download the latest transactions. It looks like it's started working again but I still have the gap. I am going to manually clear the skipped transactions and hope the updates work from now on.

• Quicken Kristina
    Options

Thank you for the follow up,

I'm glad to hear it has started working again.

If the issue returns, feel free to reach out for further assistance!

Quicken Kristina

This discussion has been closed.