Why doesn't the Home dashboard card "Portfolio Value" work

Options

Hi,

Specifically, the card does not reflect the value of several accounts we had at Vanguard that were moved to Schwab in August. As a result, the panel shows a substantial increase in portfolio value from July to August. Checkin or unchecking the "Y-axis at Zero" box does not make a difference in the value (but does change the starting value at the Y-axis).

When I select one individual account that moved, the card says "Nothing to show yet" even though the Vanguard account had been open for years.

The accounts that were transferred are hidden in transaction entry lists and in the account bar and account list but are not closed in Quicken. Neither are they considered "Separate" accounts.

If I unhide the accounts in the transaction entry lists and in the account bar and account list, they show up in the card correctly. If the account is hidden only in the transaction entry list or the account bar and account list, they do not show up in the card at all.

Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

Best Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I think this might be a bug. I am able to duplicate what you describe where hidden accounts are not being included in the chart even though they are listed and selected in the customization. This is not an issue with the Portfolio Value report…just in this Dashboard Card.

It might be a carry-over from the days when in order for hidden accounts to be included in reports one would need to check a box for that in the report customization. Now hidden reports are supposed to be included by default (i.e., no box to check for it) but in this dashboard card that is not happening.

I suggest you report this issue to Quicken (Help > Report a Problem). I will do the same. This will bring it to the attention of the Quicken Development team so they can review and address it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Pacoinconn,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!

(QWIN-22945)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

I think this might be a bug. I am able to duplicate what you describe where hidden accounts are not being included in the chart even though they are listed and selected in the customization. This is not an issue with the Portfolio Value report…just in this Dashboard Card.

It might be a carry-over from the days when in order for hidden accounts to be included in reports one would need to check a box for that in the report customization. Now hidden reports are supposed to be included by default (i.e., no box to check for it) but in this dashboard card that is not happening.

I suggest you report this issue to Quicken (Help > Report a Problem). I will do the same. This will bring it to the attention of the Quicken Development team so they can review and address it.

(Quicken Classic Premier Subscription: R55.26 on Windows 11)

• Pacoinconn
    Pacoinconn Member ✭✭
    Options

@Boatnmaniac , thanks for confirming so quickly that this may be a bug…saves time trying to resolve the issue. I've reported it as you've suggested and hope that this bug can be fixed.

• Quicken Kristina
    Quicken Kristina Moderator mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Pacoinconn,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue to the Community, although we apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

This issue is a bug that has been reported to our Development and Product teams for further investigation and resolution. Though we do not currently have an ETA, once a solution is created it will be made available as part of a future release.

Thank you!

(QWIN-22945)

Quicken Kristina

Make sure to sign up for the email digest to see a round up of your top posts.

This discussion has been closed.